Escape to Paradise: Hotel Sarita, Surat's Hidden Gem
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Sarita, Surat – My Unfiltered Take (and Why You Should Probably Book NOW)
Alright, folks, let's be real. Planning a getaway can be a migraine, right? Endless scrolling, comparing prices, wading through the generic jargon. But I'm here to tell you, after actually staying at Hotel Sarita in Surat, it's time to ditch the stress and embrace the… well, let's call it a mostly paradise. Honestly, it's a diamond in the rough, and I'm going to spill the tea.
First Impressions: Accessibility & That All-Important Wi-Fi
Okay, first things first: Accessibility. I'm not disabled, but I always appreciate places that try. Hotel Sarita has facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator. Nice. The exterior corridors gave me that classic hotel vibe. And the car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], and car power charging station – crucial if you're road-tripping. Shout out for the charging station, by the way, because I'm always running low!!
Now, let's talk Wi-Fi, because let's be honest, it's the modern-day oxygen. They scream "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!". Which, thank GOD! They also offer Internet [LAN] if you're a dinosaur like my uncle who still uses ethernet cables. There's also Wi-Fi in public areas, crucial for that quick Insta-gram update. Overall, the internet was… passable. Not blazing fast, but enough to stream Netflix (after a little buffering… which is ok).
Cleanliness & Safety: Can We Trust Them?
I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Seriously. So, the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services, and all that jazz gave me a tiny sigh of relief. You've got Hand sanitizer everywhere, which is key. They even have Rooms sanitization opt-out available. Honestly, the place felt clean. Definitely better than some of the… other places I've stayed.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food (Mostly!)
Alright, the food situation at Hotel Sarita… is a mixed bag. But let's be honest, who doesn’t love a mixed bag?
- Restaurants: Yes, plural! They have restaurants, which is a good start.
- Asian Cuisine: There’s Asian cuisine in restaurant which is a huge plus, if you love the spices of the east, you'll be right at home.
- A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant: Options! They had both, giving you choice is always great!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: This is the kind of detail that makes me happy in the morning.
- Poolside bar, Bar: I'm all about the pool-side drinks!
- Room service [24-hour]: Very important. Because late-night cravings, yo.
OK, here's where it gets real. I had a memorable dinner. The soup in restaurant was… okay. The desserts in restaurant, however, were out of this world. I'm talking melt-in-your-mouth, you-lose-track-of-reality delicious. I ate like, three desserts. No regrets.
And then there was the breakfast. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast takeaway service, and even Complimentary tea. Again, options! The buffet was… standard hotel buffet. But, and this is a BIG but, they were pretty good.
Things to do, Ways to Relax: Spa, Pool, and… More Spa?
This is where Hotel Sarita really shines. The swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous. Pool with view? Absolutely. I could have spent all day there, just floating around and pretending to be a glamorous movie star. I really needed that.
And the Spa/sauna… Oh, the sauna. I spent a glorious hour in the sauna. Then I dabbled in the Spa. Also they have Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage. And I had a massage that was so good, I almost fell asleep mid-massage. And the steamroom! Amazing. If you're stressed, book this place. No question.
There's also a Fitness center, Gym/fitness. I didn't use it because, well, I was too busy eating dessert and floating in the pool. But it's there, if you're the type.
Services and Conveniences: The Extras That Matter
Here's where Hotel Sarita gets brownie points. Little things that make your life easier.
- Air conditioning in public area: Crucial, especially in Surat.
- Cash withdrawal: Helpful.
- Concierge, Doorman: Adds a touch of luxury.
- Currency exchange: Useful if you're not a local.
- Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Ironing service: The holy trinity of hotel convenience!
- Dry cleaning: Because you will spill something.
- Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests: Again, nice.
- Luggage storage: Always appreciate this.
- Safety deposit boxes: For peace of mind.
- Smoking area: Good for the smokers.
- Taxi service, Airport transfer, Valet parking: Transportation options galore.
For the Kids: Family Friendly Fun (Maybe)
They have Babysitting service, some Kids facilities, and a Kids meal. So, yeah, they're trying to be Family/child friendly. I didn't see any kids, so I can't really judge.
Rooms: My Personal Sanctuary (Almost)
The rooms at Hotel Sarita are pretty decent. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver. Blackout curtains? Excellent. Coffee/tea maker? Essential. Free bottled water? Always appreciated. Mini bar? Yes, please (even if I didn't use it). On-demand movies? Well, the selection was a bit limited, but still a plus.
The bed was comfortable enough, the bathroom clean. The shower was decent… Sometimes the water pressure was a bit low. Honestly, I think I was in a deluxe room or something special!
The Negatives (Because I'm Honest, Dammit!)
Okay, nobody's perfect.
- The Wi-Fi, as previously mentioned, could be better. It worked, but sometimes I wanted to throw things. Pro Tip: Download your stuff before you go.
- Sometimes there's a slightly musty smell in the hallways. Nothing horrendous, but noticeable.
- The service, while generally good, could be a bit inconsistent. Some staff members were amazing, others… less so.
- The TV…The selection was a bit limiting.
The Verdict: Should You Book?
Look, if you're looking for a perfectly polished, five-star experience, this isn't that. But if you want a comfortable, relaxing stay with a fantastic spa, a beautiful pool, and some seriously delicious desserts, Hotel Sarita is a winner. It's a hidden gem that's a little bit rough around the edges, but in a charming, authentic way. It’s a place where you can truly Escape to Paradise.
Here's the deal:
Book NOW! Especially if you're planning a weekend getaway. The spa is worth the price of admission alone. Plus, the pool is calling your name.
(P.S. – Seriously, try the desserts. You'll thank me later.)
Ayutthaya's BEST Kept Secret: 5ft Bed Luxury at Sri Sukh Hotel!Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile itinerary. This is my Hotel Sarita, Surat, India adventure – warts and all, typos included, and possibly a few existential crises thrown in for good measure. Consider this your chaotic, possibly unreliable, but undeniably real travel companion.
Hotel Sarita, Surat: My Brain Dump of a Schedule
Day 1: Arrival and a Curry Conundrum (aka, I'm Already Late)
Morning (supposedly): Arrived at Surat Airport. Or, I attempted to arrive. Let's be real, I was probably already late, thanks to my usual pre-trip panic where I triple-check the passport (and then forget it's in my hand). The flight was a blur of crying babies, questionable airplane food, and the sinking feeling that I hadn't packed enough socks.
Afternoon (more like early evening): Checked into Hotel Sarita. Okay, the lobby looked promising. Marble floors, a slightly overzealous air conditioning unit blasting like a blizzard… I was a sweaty mess from the airport, so I wasn't complaining. The check-in process involved a lot of smiling politely while trying to decipher the receptionist's rapid-fire Gujarati/English hybrid. My brain melted.
Evening: The Curry Catastrophe: Dinner at the hotel restaurant was the goal. Now, I love Indian food. Loved it. Emphasis on the past tense. I ordered something called "Chicken Tikka Masala' (because you can't be a tourist in India without trying that). It arrived. It was… fine. The curry was okay, but the rice was more like a paste. I'm pretty sure I saw a small, bewildered look in the waiter's eyes when I tactfully tried to eat around it. (Bless his heart.) The naan bread was incredible, though. Sinking my face into that bread was the highlight of the night but I did over eat. Oops.
Night: Flopped onto the bed in my room, which was… well, it was functional. Clean-ish. The TV had about 500 channels, 490 of which were in languages I didn't understand. I watched (what seemed like) a Bollywood musical that was completely incomprehensible but ridiculously entertaining. Then, sleep. A deep, exhausted, happy sleep, but not before I set two alarms.
Day 2: Temples, Textures, and Tummy Troubles (Oh joy, what a ride.)
Morning: Breakfast was a disaster. I tried a local dish (probably something with lentils), and it did not agree with my Western stomach. Let's just say the proximity to the hotel bathroom was a definite positive. Did I mention I probably skipped a few minor categories from this day? No? Well, I did.
Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Determined to feel and see something, I attempted to tackle the local temples. Guide books in hand. They were… extraordinary. The detail on the carvings was mind-blowing. The colors! The smells! A sensory overload in the best way possible. I got slightly lost. Got yelled at for not being covered up (I was trying, India, I promise!). Managed to buy a beautiful scarf from a street vendor who somehow knew my size (and my indecisiveness). He was probably just being nice.
- Anecdote: At one point, I witnessed a wedding procession. The music was LOUD, the dancers were incredible, and the groom looked like he was having the time of his life. It was a riot of color and noise, and I just stood there, completely mesmerized. The whole thing was pure joy, and I didn’t understand a word that was going on, but for those few moments, I became a part of the show.
Late Afternoon: Back to the hotel, feeling utterly invigorated and completely exhausted. Decided to ignore the warnings about street food (yeah, I did), and grabbed a mango lassi from a street-side stall. It was the best thing I'd ever drunk, until…
Evening: The Belly-Ache Boogie: The rest of the evening was spent fighting a losing battle with my stomach. I'm pretty sure that mango lassi had a secret ingredient of "revenge". The air conditioning in my room was suddenly a blessing and a curse. I made the mistake of ordering room service (something bland, for sure) and spent a sleepless night tossing and turning. This is not the glamorous life I envisioned.
Day 3: Fabric Frenzy, and a Moment of (Slight) Enlightenment
Morning: Survived the night. The hotel breakfast (toast, thankfully) was barely edible, but I was alive! I had a mission: to explore the textile markets of Surat.
Afternoon: Fabric Nirvana (and Buyer's Remorse): The markets were a riot of color, texture, and overwhelming choice. Silk, cotton, embroidery… I've never seen anything like it. I got lost. Got chatted up by a succession of persistent vendors. Bought enough fabric to clothe a small village (my credit card is weeping). The bartering was intense, exhilarating, and I think I got some decent deals. Time will tell.
- Opinionated Rant: Seriously though, the sheer variety of fabrics was stunning. And the smells! The air, the colors of the fabrics, even the chaos…it was intoxicating. It gave me a moment of pure clarity about the beauty of the world and the joy of creativity…oh who am I kidding? At first, I was overwhelmed. Then it was the chaos and cacophony, the intense bargaining, the sheer volume of stuff. But after a while, it became strangely exhilarating. It's a sensory overload, but in the best possible way.
Evening: Hotel Relaxation (and a desperate plea to my stomach): Back at the hotel, I'm exhausted but happy. And determined to eat something I can digest. I ordered plain rice and some boiled vegetables. It was the most boring meal ever, but my stomach rejoiced! I did a bit of writing.
Night: Sleep. Planning ahead for my departure. I'm both excited and sad.
Day 4: Departure (with a lingering aftertaste of adventure)
Morning (Early): A rushed breakfast. I somehow managed to leave my passport at the restaurant table and had to sprint back to get it. Seriously, I'm a disaster.
Mid-Morning: The flight was fine! Another crying baby. Another questionable airline meal. At least my stomach felt good.
Departure: Goodbye, Surat, you beautiful, chaotic place! I'll miss the temples, the textiles, the delicious food (the good food), and even the stomach aches. And most definitely, I'll miss the hotel Sarita, which was a perfect home for a wild time. Until next time, India!
Final Thoughts (aka, the Rambling Conclusion):
This trip wasn’t perfect. It wasn't necessarily easy. But it was real. And it was an experience I'll never forget. I have no idea if anything about the itinerary was accurate, but I loved it! And that’s the most important thing. And the next time I visit India (because there will be a next time), I know I'll be a slightly wiser, slightly more prepared, but probably still slightly chaotic traveler. And I can't wait!
Luxury Pool Villa Paradise: B Zone Prachuap Khiri Khan Awaits!