Aberdeen's Hidden Gem: My Place Hotel - Unforgettable Stay Awaits!

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States

Aberdeen's Hidden Gem: My Place Hotel - Unforgettable Stay Awaits!

Aberdeen's Hidden Gem: My Place Hotel - Unforgettable Stay Awaits! (My Actually Chaotic Review)

Okay, let's be honest. Planning a trip is stressful. Choosing a hotel? Even more so. So, I took the plunge and booked a stay at My Place Hotel in Aberdeen – the "Hidden Gem" they boast about. Let me tell you, hidden it is! And the "unforgettable stay"? Well, buckle up. This is gonna be a wild ride.

First Impressions: Accessibility & The Great Elevator Adventure

Okay, first off, gotta give props for Accessibility. They've clearly made an effort. Wheelchair accessible is a huge plus, and the general vibe is one of inclusion. The Elevator… well, that's where things got interesting. Let's just say it had a personality of its own. One minute it was zooming, the next it was deciding to take a scenic tour of the lobby. Fine, I'll walk.

(Quick note: they have Facilities for disabled guests, which is reassuring, and Elevator access is confirmed. But the elevator seemed… temperamental. Maybe it was just me. Or the Scottish weather affecting its mood.)

Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitizing Symphony

Now, in these post-pandemic times, cleanliness is KING. My Place Hotel, however, seemed to have hired an orchestra dedicated to sanitizing. I'm talking Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Professional-grade sanitizing services. Seriously, I felt like I was entering a sterile lab. They even had Individually-wrapped food options and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. The Staff trained in safety protocol were everywhere, masked up and ready. I'm gonna be honest, at times it felt a little overkill, but hey, better safe than sorry, right? They also had Rooms sanitized between stays, and the option to Room sanitization opt-out available, which is a nice touch, if you are feeling brave/rebellious.

*(Mental note: pack extra hand sanitizer. You can never be too careful. Also, the Hand sanitizer dispensers were everywhere. Everywhere!) *

The Room: Fortress of Comfort (and Questionable Decor)

My room? Pretty solid. Air conditioning (a must!), a comfy Bed, Blackout curtains (bliss!), and a Free Wi-Fi signal that, thankfully, worked like a charm. Speaking of which… Wi-Fi [free] in every room, right? Absolutely nailed it and it was a huge advantage over some of the other hotels. And the Internet access – wireless was fast! The In-room safe box was appreciated, the Refrigerator was handy for drinks, and I loved the Coffee/tea maker (gotta have my morning cuppa!). But… the decor. Let's just say it was… eclectic. A touch of beige, a splash of whatever-that-was-supposed-to-be-modern art. But hey, it was clean, which is the most important thing.

(Side note: I loved the Additional toilet. Essential. And the Desk? Perfect for working… when I wasn't staring out the Window that opens marveling at the Scottish sky.)

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Maybe)

Okay, the food. This is where things get… variable. They offer Breakfast [buffet], but the experience was a bit of a grab-and-go affair, a bit pedestrian, it was the usual suspects, the scrambled eggs were fine, and the Coffee/tea in restaurant was drinkable. The A la carte in restaurant options looked promising, but I was too exhausted to be adventurous. They have a Bar and a Poolside bar, plus Restaurants so there is a good variety. They cater for vegetarians and have Alternative meal arrangement, which is good.

(Confession: I may have snuck a bag of crisps from the Convenience store to my room. Guilty.)

Leisure Time: Relaxation or Bust? (and maybe a pool with a view)

Now, this is where My Place Hotel truly shines (or at least, tries). They boast a Swimming pool, a Spa, and a Sauna. I did, in fact, try the Swimming pool… and it was glorious. A pool with a view! Stunning! The Gym/fitness facilities were also good, and I was glad to have the opportunity.

(Okay, deep breaths.* I really wanted the Body wrap and the Massage, but time was tight. Next time, Scotland, next time! But the potential is there, I'm promising myself that the experience has the potential to be pretty great!)*

Services and Conveniences: The Good, The Bad, and The Occasionally Flawed

The Daily housekeeping was fantastic. The staff were mostly friendly and helpful, and I appreciated the 24-hour Front desk. Concierge? Very helpful. The Laundry service was efficient. They even have a Cash withdrawal service but you should check if it's worth it.

(Rant alert) BUT (and there's always a but, isn't there?) The Airport transfer option was expensive, and the Car park [free of charge] was a bit of a maze. The Invoice provided was accurate, but took a while to get sorted out.

Accessibility to the world…

My Place Hotel provided Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Internet access and they even offered Wi-Fi for special events.

For the Kids: Fun for the Whole Family… Maybe

I didn't travel with kids, but they offer Babysitting service and have Kids facilities, which is a big plus for families.

Unforgettable? Verdict – Mostly Yes!

So, is My Place Hotel a "Hidden Gem"? Well, it's definitely "hidden" – a little off the beaten track. And "unforgettable"? Parts of it, yes! The pool, the cleanliness, the comfy bed – those things made it memorable. The slightly wonky elevator, the slightly bizarre decor… they all added to the experience. I'm giving it a solid… 4 out of 5 stars.

The (Unnecessarily Long) Pitch: Book Your Chaotic Adventure!

Tired of bland, predictable hotels? Crave a getaway that's both relaxing and a little…quirky? Then listen up! My Place Hotel in Aberdeen is calling your name! Indulge in the refreshing Swimming pool and be charmed by the friendly and helpful staff!

Here's the deal: We're talking about a hotel that's seriously clean, offering a level of sanitization that’ll make you feel like you’re living in a germ-free bubble. Plus, the Free Wi-Fi is great for streaming your favorite shows.

You can expect:

  • Modern Fitness center to burn away the calories.
  • Complimentary tea and Complimentary bottled water to help you relax.
  • Convenience store to stock up your snack.
  • On-site car parking to relieve you from any stress.

Ready to embrace the charming chaos? Book your stay at My Place Hotel today! Because let's be honest, sometimes the imperfections are what make a trip truly unforgettable.

[BOOK NOW! - insert direct booking link here]

Nairobi's Chicest Apartments: Sleek Spaces You Won't Believe!

Book Now

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your average, perfectly-curated travel blog. We're talking real life, raw emotions, and a whole heap of Aberdeen, South Dakota. My Place Hotel, to be exact. Let's do this…

Aberdeen, SD: My Place, My Pain, My Unexpected Charm

Day 1: Arrival (and the Great Hotel Room Panic)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at My Place Hotel. Okay, first impressions: clean lobby. Kinda beige. Kinda… generic. But listen, I’m a budget traveler with a questionable sense of direction, so clean is a win in my book.
  • 1:15 PM: Check-in. The front desk person? Sweet as pie. Actually, she reminded me of my Aunt Mildred. Which is either a good omen or a sign I need more coffee. (Verdict: definitely need more coffee.)
  • 1:30 PM: Room Reveal! The moment of truth. I walk in, and… it’s nice. Really, it is. The little kitchen thing is actually a great touch. I've got a mini-fridge just waiting to be filled with questionable gas station snacks! But, the bed… oh, the bed. It looked so inviting. I threw my bag down, ready to… collapses onto the bed in a pile of exhaustion.
  • 1:45 PM - 2:30 PM: I almost fell asleep. Almost. Instead, I spent 15 minutes rearranging the pillows like a psychopath and realized I hadn't eaten all day. My stomach growled like a rabid badger. Time for sustenance!
  • 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM: A whirlwind trip to “Subway”. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Oh, Subway is boring." Well, it was boring until the sandwich artist gave me extra everything. I swear, my sandwich weighed like five pounds. Pure joy, and I devoured it.
  • 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Trying to find a decent place online. Trying to find anything that wasn't a gas station or a chain restaurant. I need authentic, dang it! I had read some good things about a place called "The Red Rooster"! I was going to go! I got ready and was about to leave. And then I slumped back on the bed. My brain was refusing to do anything but watch YouTube. I hated that. I needed to do something! So I…
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Staring out the window. What am I doing with my life? Just kidding! I needed to call my mom! Told myself to get busy! But I just could not.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Food! Finally. I ended up ordering pizza from a place a local recommended, and after a whole pizza, I was ready to crash. I slept like a baby.

Day 2: Aberdeen's… A Mixed Bag, Folks.

  • 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Woke up excited to go to a local breakfast place called "The Red Rooster". The sun was out! And the skies were bright! Everything felt amazing.
  • 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: "The Red Rooster"! Finally! I got there and the line was huge. It was so well-loved! I was excited. And then the waitress told me they were out of basically everything. Eggs Benny? Gone! Pancakes? Nada! Ugh! So, I ended up getting toast. With jam. It was good toast, but still…toast.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: I decided to just drive around. See the sights. I saw plenty of the sights. The main drag? Mostly empty. The parks? Nice. The town? Quiet. Almost too quiet. I found myself having a weird craving for… a library?
  • 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM: Found a library! It was a great library. The staff was so nice, and I browsed some local history books.
  • 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM: I had to do a huge load of laundry. It was exhausting, the laundromat was loud. I hated all of it.
  • 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM: The best part of the day. I spent a whole hour researching local places to eat. I was sick of chains! I was ready for culture! After hours of online research (so. Many. Reviews), I finally settled on a diner. The name? I can’t remember. All I remember is it was excellent. Real mashed potatoes. Real gravy. Real happiness.
  • 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM: Back at the hotel. I am exhausted. I went to my room and took a nap.
  • 7:00 PM: Watched TV. Ate left over pizza. And ordered another pizza.

Day 3: Embrace the Unexpected (Or, My Quest for the Perfect Souvenir)

  • 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Ugh. I do not want to leave my bed. The air conditioning is perfect. And the world outside is not. But still, I have things to do!
  • 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: More toast! Ugh! And a trip to a local coffee shop. The coffee? Average. But the barista? Amazing. He gave me a whole spiel about local history. Unexpected. And actually… interesting.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The quest for a souvenir! I NEED A SOUVENIR. This is a rule. Now, what screams "Aberdeen"? That's the question. I wandered into gift shops… (stuffed bears, anyone?). I even went to a very small antique store which had some charming things, but nothing that called to me.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Back to the diner! I felt better and decided to get something I hadn't tried before.
  • 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: More driving around. And then, I saw it. The answer. A tiny, local bookstore. The perfect ending to a weird quest.
  • 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Packing up my things! Checking everything! I had a little moment of anxiety. Did I forget something?
  • 5:00 PM: Time to leave. I said goodbye to the nice lady at front and prepared to leave.

Reflections (The Post-Aberdeen Meltdown)

So, Aberdeen. It wasn’t exactly a life-altering experience. It was… real. There were frustrating moments. There was that sense of quiet that made me want to scream. But there were also moments of genuine joy. That diner. That bookstore. That friendly barista. The unexpected charm peeking through the ordinary.

My Place Hotel? It was… fine. Exactly what I expected. Clean, quiet, perfectly functional. A place to rest my weary head, and a good starting point for my Aberdeen adventure.

Would I go back? Maybe. But maybe next time, I’ll skip the chains, embrace the weird, and pack extra jam for the toast. And definitely, definitely, bring a good book.

Milan: Unveiling the Secrets Italy's Hidden Gem Doesn't Want You to Know

Book Now

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States

My Place Hotel, Aberdeen: Unfiltered FAQs – Because Let's Be Real, You Have Questions!

Okay, fine, what's actually "hidden" about My Place Hotel? I’m picturing some dusty, forgotten motel…

Haha! Not *that* hidden, thankfully. Look, it’s tucked away a bit, maybe a short drive from the city center, which is a plus in my book. Less of the honking horns, more… peace. But "hidden" is more about the experience, the vibe, and the fact that it's not the *obvious* choice. Everyone flocks to the big chains. This isn't a sterile, cookie-cutter experience. It’s got… character. And by character, I mean it *might* have a slightly wonky coffee machine in the lobby. But hey, that’s part of the charm, right?

Is it actually *nice* though? Like, clean? Because I’ve seen things…

Alright, let's be brutally honest. Clean? Yes. Sparkling? Mostly. My stay was a solid B+. There was one time, and I swear this is true, when a rogue hair, probably from my own head, managed to cling stubbornly to the otherwise pristine bathroom mirror. Look, I left it there. Was I testing the cleaning staff? Maybe. But it was a tiny, insignificant hair, and the rest of the place? Spotless. And lemme tell you, after a long travel day, that cleanliness *matters*. Trust me, I've seen some truly horrifying B&B bathrooms in my time. This one? Totally passable. Seriously, you'll be fine. I’d happily eat off the floor, assuming I was *really* hungry, and, you know, the floor was clean. Which it was.

What's the deal with the rooms? Big? Small? Any chance of a decent view?

Rooms are… practical. Not palatial, not cramped. Think "efficiently designed". Think "I can move around without tripping over things." And the view? Well… it depends. Don't expect sweeping Highland vistas. I got a view of… another building. Which, honestly, after a day of staring at spreadsheets, was *precisely* what I needed. No distractions! Pure, unadulterated… boring view. But the bed? Oh, the bed. Comfortable. Seriously, I fell asleep within seconds of hitting the pillow. It was like being swallowed by a cloud. I almost didn't want to wake up. Almost. (Needed coffee, obviously).

Breakfast. Tell me about the breakfast. Is it continental sadness or… something else?

Okay, here's where I get a little… passionate. Breakfast. It's included. Don't expect a Michelin-star experience. It is, in my very humble opinion, perfectly adequate. Cereal. Toast. Fruit. Yogurt. Coffee (potentially wonky, as previously mentioned, but still caffeinated). I swear, I was starving one morning, and I piled my plate with everything – cereal, toast, the works. And you know what? It was *exactly* what I needed. Simple. Filling. Set me up for the day. Look, I’m not a breakfast snob. If there's coffee and something to soak it up, I’m generally happy. And the staff? Friendly. Always a smile. Makes a difference after a slightly rough night of tossing and turning.

Is it good for… [insert your travel reason here – e.g., families, solo travelers, business trips]?

Okay, *this* is where My Place Hotel shines. Because, I went there on business trip, it was *perfect*. Quiet. Efficient. No unnecessary frills. No screaming kids (presumably; I didn't hear any). The wifi was decently speedy, which is crucial when you're trying to wrestle with those pesky spreadsheets. But I also saw families there, couples... heck, even lone wolves like myself. It's versatile. It's practical. It's… not pretentious. Maybe that's the best way to put it. It caters to anyone who just wants a good night's sleep without massive fuss. Which, let's be honest, is most of us, especially after a long travel day.

Alright, spill the tea: What was the *one thing* that really made you remember My Place Hotel?

Ooh, good question. Okay, brace yourself. I went back to my room one evening, exhausted. I collapsed on the bed, intending to catch a quick nap before dinner. Instead, I fell asleep. Properly out cold. Then, around 2 am, I woke up STARVING. Like, stomach-rumbling, "I need a biscuit or my life is ending" starving. I dragged myself out of bed, fumbling for the light switch. And you know what I found? A little packet of biscuits on the bedside table. Seriously. The staff, bless them, had clearly anticipated my late-night munchies. I’m not even kidding! It seemed such a small thing, but after a long day and a touch of jet lag, it felt like the most thoughtful gesture in the world. Just that small connection made the whole experience so much more… human. It was a small victory, a tiny miracle. Best biscuit I ever had. And I'll never forget it. Seriously. It's the little things, people. The little, biscuit things.

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Absolutely. One hundred percent. I already have it in the bookmarks. It’s not perfect, obviously. But it’s real. It’s reliable. And it has biscuits. Need I say more? Plus, the price is right. And honestly, after the whole biscuit incident, I’m kind of a fan. So yeah. Go. Give it a shot. You might just find your own hidden gem… or at least a decent cup of coffee and a comfy bed.

Any downsides? Let's be truly honest... I'm suspicious of good reviews.

Okay, okay, deep breaths. Let's get the negatives out of the way. The location... as I mentioned, not smack-dab in the city centre. Not a huge trek, but not a *stroll*. And the decor? Let’s call it… functional. Maybe not the most exciting or fashion-forward. Also, and I *may* be the only person bothered by this, but the TV remote had a tendency to… get lost. I spent a good ten minutes frantically searching under the bed for it one night. Found a sock instead. (My own, thankfully.) And the aforementioned coffee machine... well, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. But honestly? That's it. Those are the worst things I can dig up. ItFind Secret Hotel Deals

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD Aberdeen (SD) United States