Escape to Paradise: Nemo Homestay's Beverly Solari Oasis in Ho Chi Minh City
ESCAPE TO PARADISE: Nemo Homestay's Beverly Solari Oasis - A Review That's Actually Real! (SEO EDITION)
Okay, people, let's talk about Nemo Homestay's Beverly Solari Oasis in Ho Chi Minh City. I've just emerged, blinking, from its… well, its oasis. And you know what? I’m still a little disoriented. That's a good sign, right? It means I really escaped. And since you’re here, probably searching for Ho Chi Minh City hotels, best hotels in District 1, accessible hotels HCMC, spa hotels Vietnam, or maybe even just a desperate plea to "make me feel like a human again," let’s dive in. This isn't your typical TripAdvisor fluff. This is the real deal.
First Impressions (and the Rambling That Follows):
The name “Beverly Solari Oasis” had me picturing… well, something super fancy and potentially intimidating. I was bracing myself for hushed tones and a pervasive scent of sandalwood. Nope. Thank goodness. It's more…relaxed. Finding the place was a bit of a jungle trek (that's Ho Chi Minh City for ya!), but the taxi dropped me off right at the door. My first thought? "Whew. The air conditioning in the lobby is heavenly." Seriously, after the HCMC humidity, it felt like a rebirth. Score one for Air conditioning in public area.
Accessibility & That All-Important "Do They Actually Care?"
Okay, let's get real for a moment. For anyone needing wheelchair accessible accommodations, or even just thinking about it needs to be a big deal. Nemo Homestay has Facilities for disabled guests and elevator, which is a HUGE plus in a city that can sometimes feel… less than accommodating. I didn't personally need those things, but I checked things out from a perspective of someone who could have. From what I saw, the commitment seems genuine, not just a box ticked off. This earns them major points in accessibility.
Rooms & Those Little Comforts
My room? Let's just say it was an actual room, not a glorified shoebox. I booked the non-smoking room, and was relieved to find, that it was truly "non-smoking" – no faint traces of lingering nicotine ghosts. The room was spotless, thanks to the Daily housekeeping. Always a good start.
Available in all rooms:
- Air conditioning: Mandatory in this climate!
- Alarm clock: Useful, unless, like me, you rely on your phone and then forget to charge it. Oops.
- Bathrobes: Yes! Because, let's be classy, even if it is just after a shower.
- Bathroom phone: Interesting (but I never used it).
- Bathtub: YES! After a day of navigating the city, a good soak is essential.
- Blackout curtains: Brilliant for beating the Saigon sunrise.
- Closet: Plenty of space to hang all those "I-might-need-this" outfits.
- Coffee/tea maker: Vital for a caffeine addict like myself. Complimentary tea as well.
- Desk: Functional. I actually did some work here (shudder).
- Extra long bed: Perfect for someone like me who is, shall we say, 'vertically gifted'. Never a "foots dangling off the bed" situation here.
- Free bottled water: Much appreciated. Hydration is key, especially in the heat.
- Hair dryer: Essential for taming my unruly mane.
- High floor: My room was high up, so less noise from the street.
- In-room safe box: Security is vital, especially when you are carrying a large sum of cash.
- Ironing facilities: For those important, wrinkle-free occasions.
- Laptop workspace: The desk mentioned earlier, perfectly set up for work.
- Linens: Crisp and clean.
- Mini bar: Fun to have, although I'm more of a "buy-my-own-snacks-at-the-market" kind of gal.
- Mirror: To admire your post-spa glow (more on that later).
- On-demand movies: Perfect for those evenings when you just want to chill.
- Private bathroom: A MUST.
- Reading light: Necessary for those late-night bookworms (or for people just catching up on emails).
- Refrigerator: Good for keeping those Banh Mi Baos cool as a cucumber.
- Satellite/cable channels: For those of us who occasionally miss the comfort of mindless TV.
- Scale: Shudders (But hey, it's there.)
- Seating area: Nice to have for reading or just contemplating life.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Luxurious.
- Shower: Excellent water pressure.
- Slippers: Another touch of comfort.
- Smoke detector: Safety first!
- Socket near the bed: Crucial for charging your phone and staying connected to the world.
- Sofa: Comfy.
- Soundproofing: The room was surprisingly quiet, despite being in a bustling city.
- Telephone: Just in case you need to call room service, which I did.
- Toiletries: Decent quality.
- Towels: Fluffy and absorbent.
- Umbrella: Essential for dodging sudden downpours.
- Visual alarm: Considerate for guests with disabilities.
- Wake-up service: Reliable.
- Wi-Fi [free]: More on this later.
- Window that opens: Essential for fresh air and peeking at the city (even if sometimes you want to keep the AC blasting).
Internet: The Digital Detox (or Not!)
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! You can’t underestimate how crucial this is. Seriously. I needed to check emails, stalk my family's Instagram, and pretend to still be functioning in the world. The Internet access – wireless worked flawlessly. The Internet itself was pretty speedy. And there's also Internet access – LAN should you be old-school or have the need for it. I was happy with the internet and the ability to stay connected.
Cleanliness & Safety: Seriously Important in 2024
Let's be real: 2024 is a weird time. Are you going to be comfortable in a hotel? Nemo Homestay seems to get this. They have Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, Rooms sanitized between stays, and staff were trained in Safety protocol (I saw them cleaning, and they were clearly well trained). Plus, they offered room sanitization opt-out available if I preferred. It's all the little things that make you feel safe. Seeing the evidence of First aid kit also gave me peace of mind.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Foodie Paradise
Okay, the best part! Let's talk about the food.
- Restaurants: Plural! I can't live in one place when it comes to food.
- Asian breakfast: YES! Because I don't want to eat the same eggs and bacon I can get at home.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: I went to the places in the hotel, but I also managed to find great places outside.
- Bar: A good selection of drinks. I would recommend.
- Breakfast [buffet]: There was also the option for an A la carte in restaurant.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Obviously.
- Desserts in restaurant: Yum.
- Happy hour: Because, why not?
- International cuisine in restaurant: Something for everyone.
- Poolside bar: Cocktails and sunshine – a winning combination.
- Room service [24-hour]: PERFECT. When, you know, you just want to chill in your pajamas.
- Salad in restaurant: Healthy options are a must.
- Snack bar: Always welcome.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Nice to have options available here.
- Western breakfast: For those who can't live without their bacon.
I'm going to be honest: The food was really good. The breakfast buffet was extensive. I tried the Asian breakfast, which was tasty and diverse. But let's get back to my absolute favorite part: room service. I was worn out from a day of sightseeing and just wanted to be in my robe. I ordered the spring rolls and a cocktail. Bliss. Breakfast in room is also an option! Worth the extra cost in my opinion.
Things To Do & Ways To Relax: Indulge Yourself!
This is where Beverly Solari Oasis really shines, offering everything from the truly decadent to the mildly active.
- Body scrub: Yes, please!
- Body wrap: Double yes!
- Fitness center: (I'm not judging if you don't go
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your glossy brochure, this is my trip to Nemo Homestay in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Expect spilled coffee, questionable fashion choices, and a whole lotta "oh my gods."
Project: Saigon Serenity (and Mayhem)
Location: Nemo Homestay - The Beverly Solari, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (fingers crossed it's as Instagrammable as the photos!)
Duration: 7 glorious (or possibly disastrous) days.
Day 1: Arrival and a Prayer to the Air Conditioner Gods
- 14:00: Arrived at Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN). Sweaty. Jetlagged. Absolutely reeking of airplane. Managed to navigate immigration without bursting into tears - a win! Currency exchange… got ripped off a bit. Classic.
- 15:00: Taxi to Nemo Homestay. The traffic! Holy cow. It's a symphony of honking, scooters weaving like drunken bees, and me gripping the seat like my life depended on it (it probably did). Arrived at Nemo, and… it's… actually quite nice, even with the chaos on the street. The Beverly Solari is a bit of a stretch, let's be honest, but it’s clean.
- 16:00: Checked in. Prayed to the air conditioner gods. Thankfully, it's blasting arctic air. My room is tiny, but cozy, and already starting to feel like home. Unpacked, realized I packed way too many shoes. (When did I become that person?)
- 17:00: First Saigon Street Food Adventure. Okay, so I didn't know what I was ordering. Pho? Yes. Spring rolls? Definitely. Something suspiciously fried and delicious? Absolutely. My stomach might be revolting later, but WORTH IT. The cilantro is everywhere.
- 19:00: Fell asleep. Exhausted. Jetlag is real, folks.
Day 2: Lost in the (Glorious) Chaos and Banh Mi Bliss
- 08:00: Woke up feeling moderately human. Sipped instant coffee on the tiny balcony, half-expecting the floor to fall away into a sea of scooters. Thankfully, no such drama.
- 09:00: Attempt at navigating the city on foot. Big mistake. Got lost. In the best possible way. Wandered through alleys overflowing with vibrant laundry, kids kicking soccer balls, and the aroma of… everything.
- 10:00: Found a Banh Mi stall. Oh. My. Gods. The best sandwich ever. Crispy bread, savory meat, pickled veggies… I may or may not have immediately ordered a second one. It was that good. Seriously considering basing my entire trip around banh mi.
- 12:00: Cu Chi Tunnels Tour. This was… intense. Crawling through those tunnels was claustrophobic, and made me appreciate how insanely difficult the war must have been. I swear, I think I lost a few pounds just from the sheer panic of trying to fit through one tiny hole. Definitely worth doing, though.
- 16:00: Back to Nemo, feeling drained. Took a seriously long nap.
- 18:00: Decided to have dinner in another restaurant near me. Forgot again what kind of food I ordered and was served with food I didn't like. I had to pretend to eat the food so people won't feel bad and waste the food.
- 20:00: Slept early because of jet lag and tiredness.
Day 3: Retail Therapy (and the Art of the Deal)
- 09:00: Headed to Ben Thanh Market! Be prepared to be hustled. Everything is negotiable, and the vendors are relentless. Bought some silk scarves (probably overpriced) and a "genuine fake" Rolex (probably a total piece of junk). The sheer energy of the place is exhilarating and slightly terrifying.
- 12:00: Lunch break. Found a tiny cafe hidden down a narrow alleyway with the best iced coffee I've had in my life.
- 13:00: Trying to find an Ao Dai. This is proving more difficult than I expected. Too many flashy options, and I want something… authentic. Ended up in a shop where the lady tried to sell me sequined hot pants. No. Just no. I'm going home, so no thanks, it's not my cup of tea.
- 16:00: Went to a museum to visit the old Vietnam War.
- 19:00 Had dinner, went to the market to buy clothes, and went home to sleep.
Day 4: Floating Markets and a Glimpse of Rural Life (and a Mosquito Attack)
- 06:00: Early start for a day trip to the Mekong Delta. Woke up feeling refreshed.
- 07:00: On a bus to the Mekong River from the Nemo Homestay. The bus was a disaster.
- 09:00: Arrived at Cai Be Floating Market. Magical. Seeing all the boats filled with fruits and vegetables, buzzing with life, felt really special. Took lots of photos.
- 11:00: Cruised the river. Beautiful scenery, passing by rice paddies and small villages.
- 13:00: Lunch at a local restaurant. Delicious food, and a nice change of pace from the city.
- 15:00: The mosquito attack! Oh, the mosquitoes! They descended on me like a squadron of tiny, blood-sucking vampires. I'm covered in bites. I think I'm going to itch for a week.
- 17:00: Back in HCM, feeling a bit drained.
- 18:00: Back at the homestay and took a shower, and rest.
- 19:00: Dinner at a local store near the area where I'm staying.
- 20:00: Early to bed because of tiredness.
Day 5: Coffee Culture, War Remnants, and Existential Dread
- 09:00: Coffee crawl! Vietnam's coffee is legendary, and I'm on a mission to experience it all. Tried a ca phe sua da (iced coffee with condensed milk) and nearly overdosed on caffeine. Worth it.
- 11:00: Visited the War Remnants Museum. Brutal. Disturbing. Necessary. The images and stories are so raw and moving. It's a tough experience, but incredibly important to learn and remember the consequences of war. I was left feeling emotionally raw, which resulted in a brief, but intense, existential crisis.
- 14:00: Lost in thought, wandering the streets. Spotted a beautiful temple. The incense and the peaceful atmosphere was a welcome respite.
- 16:00: Back at Nemo. Finally unpacked the rest of my stuff and did my laundry.
- 18:00: Dinner at a local shop near my area.
- 21:00: Slept
Day 6: Rooftop Views and Attempted Karaoke (Epic Fail Alert!)
- 10:00: Decided to take it easy today. Slept in!
- 11:00: Visited the Bitexco Financial Tower. The views of the city are amazing.
- 14:00: Tried to find a specific Vietnamese restaurant. Couldn't find it. The streets of Saigon are a true maze.
- 18:00: Dinner at a restaurant with live music. The food was okay, but the music was so loud I couldn't hear myself think. It was annoying.
- 20:00: Karaoke! I'm not a singer. I thought I would be able to sing because of the alcoholic drinks. BIG mistake. My rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" was a crime against music. I blame the beer. And the karaoke machine. The other people were surprisingly supportive, though - maybe they were just being polite.
- 23:00: Slept immediately after arriving.
Day 7: Departure and the Bitter-Sweet Goodbye
- 09:00: Packing. Ugh. Always the worst part.
- 10:00: Last Banh Mi. Sobbing a little.
- 11:00: Final stroll through the streets, trying to soak up the last of the atmosphere.
- 12:00: Taxi to the airport. The traffic! (Again!).
- 14:00: Flight home.
- 15:00: Sitting on the plane, already craving the sights, the sounds, the smells, and the insanity of Saigon. It's a messed-up, beautiful, chaotic city. I'll be back.
Post-Trip Thoughts:
- Nemo Homestay: Cozy, clean, and a great base for exploring. Would recommend.
Escape to Paradise: Nemo Homestay's Beverly Solari Oasis - Your Questions (and My Unsolicited Opinions) Answered!
Okay, So... What *is* this "Beverly Solari Oasis"? Sounds fancy.
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because “fancy” is *one* word. It's Nemo Homestay's little slice of… well, paradise, practically smack-dab in the middle of Ho Chi Minh City. Think lush greenery, a pool that actually looks *clean* (a minor miracle in this heat!), and a vibe that screams "leave your worries at the gate." I'm not even kidding, the moment I walked in? Instant chill. It actually felt *good* leaving the chaotic scooter-infested streets behind. It was a total mental reset. I actually spent an hour just staring at a bougainvillea bush, which, for me, is practically Zen.
Basically, it's a charming escape from the city's hustle. Just be warned, it's *so* good, you might never want to leave. I nearly didn't. My flight was delayed by hours and I was *not* upset. The pool was begging me to come back.
Is it… actually in a good location? I want to be close to everything but *not* in the middle of the crazy.
Ah, the million-dollar question! Yes, the location is actually pretty darn good. It’s in District 3, which is a decent balance of being central and not totally bonkers. You're close enough to the main sights – like the Notre Dame Cathedral (which is *stunning*, seriously), and the War Remnants Museum (heavy stuff, prepare yourself) – without feeling totally overwhelmed by the tourist hordes. Seriously, trying to negotiate the streets downtown is enough to make a saint swear.
You can walk to some decent restaurants and coffee shops, and if you're feeling adventurous (and have a good sense of direction), you can grab a Grab (the ride-hailing app) to pretty much anywhere. I walked the whole way from the Opera house, once – I'm not sure that was a *good* idea, but hey, I saw stuff!
What about the rooms? Are they actually nice? I've stayed in some *sketchy* places...
Okay, real talk time. Yes. The rooms are genuinely lovely. I'm a bit of a hotel snob, *confession time*, and I was pleasantly surprised. They're clean, spacious, and actually *stylish*. Think modern Vietnamese with a touch of… well, paradise. Lots of wood, natural light, and some seriously comfy beds.
I stayed in a room overlooking the pool, which, spoiler alert, was glorious. Especially after a long day of sweating my face off exploring the city. The AC worked (a MUST in this climate!), and the shower had proper water pressure, which, trust me, is a luxury you shouldn't underestimate! The only minor gripe...the bathroom door didn't quite keep out all the noise. But honestly? Worth the trade off for the overall experience.
The pool! Tell me about the pool... is it as good as it looks in the photos?
The pool. Okay. The pool. LET'S TALK ABOUT THE POOL! Yes, it's as good as it looks in the photos. Maybe even *better*. It's the heart and soul of the place. It's clean (seriously, I kept checking!), a decent size, and surrounded by lush greenery. I spent a significant chunk of my time there. Maybe too much. My skin thanked me.
Honestly, the photos don't do it justice. There's a little waterfall feature that adds to the atmosphere, and the whole area just has this incredibly relaxing vibe. I could happily have camped out there for days. I *almost* did. I'm pretty sure the staff had to gently nudge me towards the door on check-out day. "Sir, your flight..." Sigh.
What's the food situation like? Breakfast included? Good?
Breakfast is included, and it's… good. Not mind-blowing, Michelin-star worthy (this isn't that kind of place), but solid. You get a selection of Vietnamese and Western options. I'm talking, fresh fruit (the mangoes are divine!), eggs cooked to order, some tasty pastries, and the all-important Vietnamese coffee. Seriously, that coffee is a *must-try*. It'll jump-start your day like nothing else.
They also had a few lunch and dinner options, which were decent. But, honestly, venturing out and experiencing the street food is part of the fun. Don't stick to the hotel the whole time, get out there and sample EVERYTHING! Just… be prepared for the spice! (I, unfortunately, wasn't.)
Okay, but what if something goes *wrong*? What's the service like?
The service? Honestly? Fantastic. The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Not the fake, overly-polished kind, the real deal. They were always smiling, happy to help with anything, and spoke good English.
One time I accidentally locked myself out of my room (don't ask). They sorted it out quickly and without making me feel like a complete idiot. Which, let's be honest, I was. They gave great recommendations for restaurants and things to see, and even helped me arrange a taxi. They even remembered my coffee order at breakfast! And that, my friends, is a sign of top-notch service. They were the best kind of people. That's all I can say.
Anything I should be aware of before booking? Any downsides?
Hmm, downsides? Okay, I'm grasping at straws here, because I *loved* this place. But… here's what I've got:
- The noise from the street can sometimes be heard, but it was pretty minimal, and honestly, it's city living, you expect it.
- It's not a budget backpacker hostel. It's mid-range price point. But you get what you pay for, and in this case, it's absolutely worth it.
- My personal flaw: I didn't book *longer*. Seriously consider extending your stay. You'll regret it if you don't. Trust me.
Honestly, there were very few things to complain about. It was a truly lovely experience. You should go.
Would you recommend it? Honestly?
YES. Absolutely, unequivocally, YES. If you're looking for a relaxing oasis in the middle of a bustlingStay Finder Blogs