Bismarck's BEST Hotel? My Place Hotel Review Will SHOCK You!

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States

Bismarck's BEST Hotel? My Place Hotel Review Will SHOCK You!

My Place Hotel, Bismarck: It SHOCKED Me (and Maybe You Too!) - A Brutally Honest Review

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to drop some serious truth bombs about My Place Hotel in Bismarck, North Dakota. I went in expecting… well, something. I left… well, let's just say I left with a head full of thoughts and a slightly bruised ego from the North Dakota wind (more on that later). This isn't your typical, sterile hotel review. This is the unfiltered, slightly chaotic, and hopefully helpful experience of a human person trying to find a decent night's sleep in the heart of the Peace Garden State.

First Impressions: Accessibility, or the Great Elevator Adventure

Okay, let's start with the basics. Accessibility: My Place does a pretty good job here. Elevator? Yes! (Thank the travel gods). Corridors seemed wide enough for wheelchairs, although I didn't personally test this. The facilities for disabled guests were listed, but I couldn’t eyeball them during my stay, so you'll definitely want to call ahead to confirm specific needs. They have one of the few car park [free of charge] spots in the city, which is always a win.

BUT (and there's always a "but," isn't there?), getting to the parking was a bit of a rodeo. The signage? Let's just say it could use some… clarification. I spent a good five minutes circling the building, feeling like I was auditioning for a particularly confusing episode of Amazing Race. Pro-tip: trust your gut and look for the big, obvious entrance.

The Room: Clean, Maybe Too Clean? (And the Wi-Fi Saga)

Alright, the room. This is where My Place really shines, and also where it…well, doesn’t.

  • Cleanliness and safety: Absolutely top-notch. Professional-grade sanitizing services are clearly a thing here. I mean, it was almost too clean. I felt like I needed to wear a hazmat suit just to sit on the bed. Rooms sanitized between stays, check. Anti-viral cleaning products, check. They even had hand sanitizer everywhere! Honestly, I felt safer than I do in my own perpetually messy apartment. Rooms sanitized between stays added to a sense of peace.
  • Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! I'm a digital nomad, so this is crucial. And the Wi-Fi [free] worked… eventually. After a bit of a struggle, a quick call to the front desk, and a restart, I finally connected. It was…decent. Strong enough to browse, but not quite powerful enough to stream HD videos. So, if you're planning a major Netflix binge, maybe download those episodes beforehand. Internet access [LAN] wasn’t something I even went near; I stuck with wireless, which was plenty.
  • The room was a minimalist dream: The desk was functional (important for work), the bed was comfy (extra-long, bless!), and the blackout curtains were glorious. I’m a big fan of air conditioning, and it seemed pretty effective. However I forgot an alarm clock.
  • Amenities: The Essentials: The room offered a coffee/tea maker, which is essential for a caffeine addict like me. The mini bar was noticeably absent (understandable, given the price point), and a refrigerator was a godsend. I did notice a socket near the bed, handy for phone charging. Plenty of towels and toiletries.
  • My only gripe? The lack of personality: It all felt a little… sterile. No art on the walls. No welcome snacks. Just clean, functional, and… well, a bit boring. The rooms need an injection of YOU, My Place!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Continental Breakfast Blues

Okay, here's where things got…interesting. I read some reviews ahead of time and was prepared for the Continental Breakfast.

  • Breakfast [Buffet]: The breakfast had all the standards - toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit. Breakfast service kicked off on time and the staff were lovely. However… It was a bit like visiting a distant relative whose house you’ve visited before and know what to expect. Nothing flashy, but it does the job. Plus, it's free, so I'm not complaining TOO much. Breakfast takeaway service was available too!
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: The coffee was…well, it was coffee. Better than gas station coffee, but not by much.
  • Other options: Don’t expect any restaurants or bars on site. My Place is all about simplicity, so there's no poolside bar to be found, nor is a pool with view here.
  • Snack Bar: They do have a small "convenience" area with snacks and drinks.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Don't Expect a Spa Day

This is not a resort. My Place is designed for sleep, work, and…well, not much else.

  • Fitness center: They have a small gym/fitness area. Again, it’s basic. Treadmills, elliptical, some weights.
  • For the kids: They're generally family/child friendly . There are kids facilities, but nothing fancy.
  • Ways to relax: None that I saw. NO sign of a Spa or anything like a sauna.

Services and Conveniences: Efficiency is Key

My Place excels at the basics:

  • Front desk [24-hour]. The staff were friendly and efficient. Contactless check-in/out was a breeze. Daily housekeeping kept everything spick and span.
  • Cashless payment service, check.
  • Luggage storage.
  • Safety deposit boxes.
  • Laundry service.

Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic-Prepared or Slightly Overkill?

They absolutely nailed hygiene. As mentioned earlier, the attention to hygiene felt a little intense, but I wasn't complaining.

  • Daily disinfection in common areas.
  • Individually-wrapped food options at breakfast.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays.
  • Hand sanitizer everywhere.

So, are they overdoing it? Perhaps. But in a world where we're all a little germ-conscious, it's hard to fault them.

Getting Around: Driving is Your Best Friend

Bismarck is a driving city.

  • Car park [free of charge].
  • No airport transfer listed.
  • Taxi service, if you must.

The Shocking Truth: Would I Stay Again?

Honestly? Yes.

My Place Hotel isn't perfect, but it delivers on its promise: clean, comfortable, and affordable. It's a great option for those of us who prioritize a good night's sleep and a functional workspace over bells, whistles, and fancy amenities.

My Place Hotel, Bismarck: The "Surprisingly Satisfying Stay" Offer

Tired of overpriced hotels that skimp on the basics? Escape the ordinary and experience the clean, comfortable, and conveniently located My Place Hotel in Bismarck!

Book now and receive:

  • Guaranteed Cleanliness: Rest easy knowing our rooms are professionally sanitized with anti-viral cleaning products and sanitized between stays.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected with our reliable Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel.
  • A No-Frills, Affordable Stay: Enjoy a great nights sleep without breaking the bank!
  • Comfort & Convenience: Everything you need for a relaxing work trip or vacation.

Click here to book your "Surprisingly Satisfying Stay" at My Place Hotel in Bismarck. Don't wait, offer ends soon!

Is it the fanciest hotel in Bismarck? Nope. Is it perfect? Nope. But is it a solid, reliable, and surprisingly enjoyable place to stay? Absolutely. Just don't expect a spa day, and bring your own personality! You've been warned!

Lefkada's Kathisma Sunset Villa: 3 BR Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States

My Place Hotel, Bismarck, ND: A Chronicle of Bedbugs, Burgers, and Bitter North Dakota Winds (Probably)

Day 1: Arrival of the Underprepared and the Quest for the Missing Remote

Okay, so first things first: Bismarck. Land of endless skies and… well, let's be honest, a whole lot of nothing I was actually prepared for. I was picturing vast wheat fields, a lone cowboy, and maybe a tumbleweed. Reality, however, arrived in the form of a surprisingly efficient airport and a frankly disappointing lack of cowboys.

1:00 PM (ish): Land. My stomach is a churning sea of anxiety from the flight. I swear I can feel the air pressure STILL messing with my ears. 1:30 PM: Uber to My Place Hotel. It looks… clean. Which, after the airport, is a godsend. The front desk lady is incredibly friendly, bless her heart. Check-in is a breeze. Except, the damn key card doesn't work. Three tries later, finally have access to my room. Success! 2:00 PM: Room Inspection. Okay, this is where things get real. I'm paranoid about bedbugs. Absolutely terrified. I did the whole mattress-flipping thing with the flashlight (mortifying, I tell you!) and it seems clear. Crossing fingers, toes, and everything else. Room feels… bare. But maybe that's the point? Minimalist chic, North Dakota style? 2:15 PM: The Great Remote Hunt. Where. Is. The. Remote? This is a crisis. Channel surfing is a right, damnit! I can’t survive the first night without watching something… anything. I'm starting to sweat. 2:45 PM: Found it! Under the pillow. (Facepalm). Thank God. Now for some mindless television bliss. 3:00 PM: Deciding there’s no point in trying to fight the jet lag; I succumb to the sweet embrace of the bed.

Day 1, Part Deux: Culinary Adventures (or, Desperate Measures for Food)

6:00 PM: Wake up, disoriented. Hunger pangs are a-calling. Gotta eat. Gotta find food. The hotel's limited options don't entice me. Where do people eat here? 6:30 PM: Google Maps to the rescue! The search for the "best burger in Bismarck" leads me to… a place called "Outlaws." Sounds promising. Smells promising! 7:00 PM: Outlaws. Ambiance: Rustic. Service: Friendly. Burger: HUGE. Delicious! My worries about loneliness vanish with the first bite. I may be alone, but I have a burger. Life is good. 8:00 PM: Walk back to the hotel. The wind… the wind is murderous. I'm pretty sure my face is numb. God help me. 8:30 PM: Back in the safe haven of my room. Hot cocoa. More TV. The circle of life, North Dakota style. 9:00 PM: An existential crisis about the meaning of life and the lack of good snacks in the vending machine. 10:00 PM: Bed. Still praying for no bedbugs. Good night, Bismarck. You’re… interesting.

Day 2: History, Hypocrisy, and the (Un)expected Joys of Laundry

8:00 AM: Rise and, uh, try to shine. The Northern Dakota wind has clearly reached my soul. 8:30 AM: Free breakfast at the hotel - ok. Standard. Waffles are involved. I burn the waffles. I'm a disaster at breakfast, apparently. 9:00 AM: Deciding to actually do things - a radical concept, I know. The Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center seems like a decent starting point for cultural immersion. 9:30 AM: The Interpretive Center. Okay, history nerds, rejoice! It's fascinating to learn about their trials and tribulations. Plus, the exhibits are surprisingly well-done. But also, I can’t help but wonder, "What did they eat?!" and "Did they have good laundry detergent at the time?" 12:00 PM: Lunch. Finding another burger joint. The pattern is forming. 1:00 PM: Feeling somewhat inspired, fueled by the burger. Decide to take a long walk by the Missouri River; the wind continues to try and steal my face. 2:30 PM: Back at the hotel. My jeans are… slightly less crispy than I'd like. The wind. They're always out to get me. 3:00 PM: Laundry time! The hotel has laundry facilities, a true godsend. This is my first time doing laundry in a hotel. 3:30 PM: The washing machine is easy enough. But… the dryer?! It’s like a vortex of hot air and confusion. I'm pretty sure I'm sweating. The laundry room smells of fresh detergent and… desperation. 4:30 PM: Clothes are drying! Success! I’m practically a pioneer woman now. 5:00 PM: Attempting to use the "fitness center" (more like a room with a treadmill). Give up after five minutes. That wind has broken me. 6:00 PM: Order pizza. Pizza is always the answer. 7:00 PM: Watching the local news. This really is the heartland, isn't it? 8:00 PM: Another existential crisis. This time about the meaning of laundry. Do clothes really need washing? 10:00 PM: Bed again. Still feeling slightly paranoid about the bedbugs. Maybe I'll just sleep sitting up tonight?

Day 3: Leaving Bismarck (and the lingering scent of stale fries)

7:00 AM: Wake up. I’m alive! No bedbugs (knock on wood!). 7:30 AM: Final waffle assault. This time, I'm a little more successful. 8:00 AM: Check out is smooth. Goodbye, My Place Hotel. Maybe. 9:00 AM: Uber to the airport. Reflecting on the brief, yet intense, relationship I had with Bismarck. It’s a weird place. 9:30 AM: Boarding the plane. Looking forward to… well, anywhere that isn’t freezing and offers slightly better snack options. 9:45 AM: Take off. Goodbye, North Dakota! I wouldn’t necessarily say I loved you, but you were… an experience. And hey, at least I survived the bedbugs. I think. Fingers crossed.

Innsbruck's BEST Sporthotel Igls: Unbeatable Views & Luxury!

Book Now

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States

My Place Hotel in Bismarck, North Dakota: The Truth (Brace Yourself!)

Okay, spill it! Is My Place Hotel in Bismarck really as… *meh*… as everyone says?

Ugh, where do I even *begin*? Look, I'd heard the whispers. The hushed tones of weary travelers. "My Place… dependable, I guess…" That lukewarm praise? Accurate. But more than that? More than "meh"? Well, let's just say my experience was a rollercoaster. Think Disneyland, but the ride is powered by a hamster wheel running on lukewarm coffee.

It's not *horrendous*, mind you. It just… exists. Like a slightly-too-loud air conditioner humming in the background of your brain. You *know* it's there, but you can’t always pinpoint *why* it's bothering you until it’s suddenly the only thing you can focus on.

And honestly? That was a big part of the problem. You expect something to be *bad*, you're prepared. But the slow burn of mild disappointment? That's a different beast entirely.

Let's talk about the rooms. What's the deal? Are they clean? Spacious? Actually… *livable*?

Okay, here's the thing. They *try*. They genuinely do. The room I got? Mostly clean. Like, "wiped-down-but-maybe-not-thoroughly-vacuumed" clean. You know? That level.

Spacious? Yeah, somewhat. Especially for a hotel in Bismarck! Which, let's be honest, isn't exactly known for sprawling suites. The kitchenette was a lifesaver, though – that little fridge was my best friend for storing the leftovers from the incredibly average Mexican food I scarfed down after a long drive.

Livable? Ah, that's where we get into the nitty-gritty. The bed? Not the worst I’ve slept on, but definitely not the best. Think slightly lumpy, but at least it didn't try to swallow me whole. The lighting? Fluorescent. Because, you know, ambiance is for fancy hotels. The overall *vibe*? Utilitarian. Functional. Like a well-worn pair of… well, you get the idea.

The breakfast situation. Tell me EVERYTHING. I need to know if I should pack granola bars.

Okay, breakfast. The breakfast. This is where My Place… falters. Hard. They advertise "free breakfast." Let’s just say, free *barely* cuts it.

Picture this: a tiny room. Cramped. A waffle maker that looked like it had seen better decades. Prepackaged muffins of dubious origin. Instant oatmeal that tasted suspiciously like wallpaper paste. And the coffee? Brown, hot water. I'm not kidding. I think they were filtering coffee beans through a sock. Honestly, I’d have preferred a plain bagel and that's saying a lot.

Granola bars? Pack 'em. Protein bars? Pack those too. Heck, pack a whole picnic basket. You’ll thank me later. This is the kind of breakfast that makes you appreciate the tiny packets of jam they have. Oh, the jam.

Okay, so the breakfast isn't exactly gourmet. But what about the staff? Were they at least… *friendly*?

This is where things get… interesting. The staff? They were *fine*. Professional. They did their jobs. But… friendly? Hmmm. It varied. One morning, the lady at the front desk seemed to have the weight of the world on her shoulders. Then another day, a different person was surprisingly cheerful! I understand that dealing with the public is a grind, and I applaud them for doing it. There was a woman, I think her name was Barb, she was very nice, and I appreciated that. But the overall vibe was… let's say I didn't feel like I was being greeted by my long-lost best friend. More like… a slightly weary acquaintance. Which, again, fair enough.

The location! How convenient is it, really? Is it near… anything *worth* going to?

Location, location, location, right? My Place in Bismarck… is located in… Bismarck. Okay, that's not particularly helpful, is it? Let's be honest, Bismarck isn't exactly a bustling metropolis with a thousand things pulling you in different directions.

It's on the outskirts, which has its pros and cons. Pro: Easy access to the highway. Con: You're probably going to need to drive to get *anywhere* interesting. Chain restaurants are close, maybe a grocery store. Anything beyond that, you're looking at a solid five-to-ten-minute drive. It’s fine, I guess. Just don’t expect to stumble upon hidden gems. This isn't the charming, historic downtown area. It's the “efficient, practical” zone.

So... would you REALLY stay there again? Be honest!

Okay, deep breath. Would I stay at My Place in Bismarck again? Here's the brutal truth. If it’s a budget-friendly option, and I *absolutely* need a place to crash for a night or two? Fine. I'd survive. I mean, I've slept in worse places (a tent in a rainstorm comes to mind).

But if there were other options, and they were just slightly more expensive? I'd probably go for it. Especially if they included a decent breakfast. Because, honestly, that coffee… it haunts me.

My Place is like that coworker you occasionally have to work with. They're not terrible, they get the job done, but you'd rather be working with someone else. It's the hotel of "meh". And sometimes, that's just… enough.
Stay By City

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States

My Place Hotel-Bismarck ND Bismarck (ND) United States