Moxy St. Pete: Downtown's Hottest New Hotel (Unbelievable Views!)

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States

Moxy St. Pete: Downtown's Hottest New Hotel (Unbelievable Views!)

Moxy St. Pete: Downtown – Seriously, Is This Place Even Real?! (And is that a Pool with a View?! OMG.)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. I just got back from spending a few days at the Moxy St. Pete, and honestly? I’m still trying to process it. Forget "hottest new hotel," this place feels less like a hotel and more like a vibrant, energetic, slightly-chaotic-in-the-best-way-possible living organism. (And that view? Yeah, it's as unbelievable as the hype suggests.) Let's break it down, messy-stream-of-consciousness style, because trying to be objective about this place is a fool's errand.

First, the Vibe: It's Got It.

Walking in, you're IMMEDIATELY hit by the Moxy-ness. Think urban chic meets playful Instagram bait. Bright colors? Check. Quirky art? Double check. A lobby that's actually cool to hang out in? TRIPLE check! It’s a place where you actually want to chill, grab a cocktail (more on those later!), and people-watch. The staff? They’re not just employees; they're part of the fun. They're friendly, helpful, and somehow manage to keep the energy levels high even when I’m pretty sure I woke them up from a nap at 3 AM, looking for a snack.

Accessibility - The Lowdown (Let's Get Real, Sometimes It's a Nightmare):

  • Wheelchair Accessible: Yes! (Thank goodness!) I saw easily accessible ramps and elevators everywhere. That's a huge plus.
  • Facilities for Disabled Guests: I spotted a good number of them, but honestly, I didn't scrutinize every single detail. But overall, good.
  • Elevator: Yes! Which is HUGE, especially with those views.
  • Check-in/out [Private]: Not exactly my thing, but they got it!
  • Accessibility in Rooms: I specifically saw a couple of rooms with roll-in showers and grab bars. Nice touch.

Accessibility is a MUST when looking for a hotel. They have it.

Rooms: Okay, the Rooms are Actually Really, Really Good.

Forget sterile hotel rooms. These are fun and functional. The "basic" rooms are still super stylish. Cleanliness? Spotless.

  • Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, alarm clock, black out curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, seating area, shower, smoke detector, socket near the bed, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], window that opens.
  • Nice Touches: That "high floor" is essential for the views (spoiler alert: they are GLORIOUS). The blackout curtains are a godsend for sleeping in. Complimentary tea! (I went through a whole box.) And the Wi-Fi is actually fast. Thank the lord.
  • Minor Imperfections: Okay, I’m being picky, but the lack of proper drawers in the rooms is a bit of a downside. I'd prefer drawers more than shelves.

Internet Access, Thank You, Internet Gods!

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES. God, Wi-Fi is important, and its free and easy to access.
  • Internet: Yes.
  • Internet [LAN]: Haven't see this one since 2003, but they technically have it!
  • Internet services: Yes, they're good.
  • Wi-Fi in public areas: Yes. Everywhere. You're covered.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food (and Booze!)

This is where Moxy truly shines. The food is decent, but the vibe? Unbeatable.

  • Restaurants: Yes, plural! (Though I’m not sure how many, I was far too busy drinking.)

  • Bar: Oh, the bar. The glorious bar. They make a mean cocktail. Seriously. I developed a very unhealthy attachment to one of their signature drinks. (Consider yourself warned.)

  • Poolside bar: Yessssss!

  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: They have coffee, so I was happy.

  • Snack bar: Perfect for those late-night cravings.

  • Happy hour: Essential. Always.

  • Poolside Bar: The food and drinks here are exceptional. I had the best moments of my trip enjoying myself. (and a drink or two)

  • Room service [24-hour]: Brilliant. Because sometimes you just need a burger at 2 AM.

That Damn Pool with a View (The One That Changed Everything)

Okay, let’s talk about the pool. I’ve seen a lot of pools. I’ve even swum in a lot of pools. But this… this is different.

It's on the roof, obvs. But it's more than just a pool. It's an experience. Picture this: You're floating in crystal-clear water, the Florida sun warm on your face, a cocktail clutched in your hand, and a panorama of downtown St. Pete sprawling before you. The water glistens and sparkles in the light, like a magical portal to paradise. The architecture is stunning. The sky is blue. It's breathtaking. It's Instagrammable. It's… well, it's perfection.

I spent a solid afternoon there, and I honestly think I achieved a higher level of Zen. I’m not even kidding. I'm not going to lie, I nearly wept when I saw that view for the first time after checking in.

Ways to Relax (Because You Will Need To):

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Well, yeah.
  • Pool with view: DID YOU EVEN READ THE POOL SECTION?!
  • Gym/fitness: I may or may not have peeked in…it looked like a gym.
  • Spa/sauna: Yep.
  • Sauna: I wish it was a bigger thing.
  • Steamroom: Same deal as sauna!

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure

  • Cleanliness I'd rate this place a 9/10.
  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Nice touch.
  • Breakfast in room: They got it.
  • Cashless payment service: Easy peasy.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Good to see.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
  • Hygiene certification: I've really come to appreciate this.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: This is a plus.
  • Safe dining setup: Yes.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (and Some That Don't)

  • Concierge: Extremely helpful.
  • Daily housekeeping: Essential.
  • Doorman: Always a plus.
  • Laundry service: Needed it. Used it.
  • Luggage storage: Good.
  • Wi-Fi for special events: Very cool.
  • Free parking: Yes.
  • Taxi service: Yep.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly, But…

  • Family/child friendly: Technically, yes.
  • Kids meal: Yep.
  • Babysitting service: They have it!

Getting Around

  • Airport transfer: Yep, or taxi!
  • Car park [free of charge]: Score!
  • Car park [on-site]: Double score!

The Verdict:

Moxy St. Pete is worth it. The views, the atmosphere, the fun, the drinks… it’s a total package. It’s not perfect – no place is. But it’s an experience you won’t forget. It's lively, hip, and a definite must-stay for anyone looking for that perfect blend of fun and relaxation.

Book Now Because… (The Hard Sell, But This Time, It's True):

Exclusive Offer for My Readers!

Book your stay at Moxy St. Pete through this link ( [Insert Affiliate Link Here, if any].). You'll get a special rate and maybe, just maybe, a complimentary cocktail at the bar (if you're nice!). But seriously, do it. You deserve those views. You deserve that cocktail. You deserve a little Moxy in your life.

Seriously - book your stay. Now.

Unbelievable Sophie House KOA Brasov: Your Romanian Dream Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is a Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Pete adventure, and honey, we're going in blind. (Okay, not completely blind, I've got a loose idea… maybe.)

Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread at the Pool

  • 1:00 PM: Land at Tampa International Airport (TPA). Okay, first hurdle: getting out of the airport alive. Airports are a vortex of anxiety, aren't they? So many people, so many questionable fashion choices… I pray I don't lose my luggage. Pray, pray, pray!
  • 1:45 PM: Uber/Lyft to Moxy St. Pete. (Pray the Uber doesn't smell like stale French fries. That's a dealbreaker.)
  • 2:30 PM: Check into Moxy. Moxy, Moxy… fingers crossed it's as Insta-worthy as the website promises. I'm envisioning a bright, funky oasis. I need a bright, funky oasis after that airport marathon.
  • 3:00 PM: Pool time! The pool. This is where the vacation really starts. Right? Or is it? I'm also a bit of a chicken when it comes to sunbathing. I'm like a vampire in disguise, a pale, pasty creature of the night. Okay, maybe I'll just dip my toes. And then, maybe, maybe I'll build up the courage for an actual swim. (Cue internal monologue: "You look ridiculous in that swimsuit. Everyone's judging you. You should just stay in your room.")
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Poolside people-watching and self-loathing. Okay, okay, I'm exaggerating. Maybe. But you know what? I brought my book. I'm gonna actually read it. No, wait. Scratch that. Let me snap a picture of the pool first. Gotta get that all-important Instagram flex going. Then, the book. Then the self-loathing. It's a delicate balance.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner and drinks at whatever trendy spot is within stumbling distance of the Moxy. I'm thinking something casual, maybe with outdoor seating so I can continue judging… er, observing… the locals. Maybe tacos? Or sushi? The possibilities are… overwhelming. Ordering food is hard.
  • 8:00 PM: Evening exploring the area or drinks in the hotel bar. I'm tired. I want to be entertained but I also really want to go back to my room and crash. This conflict is the hallmark of a vacation, isn't it?

Day 2: Art & the Great Coffee Quest

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up. (Hopefully. I am not a morning person.) The Moxy better have good coffee. Like, really good coffee. Otherwise, this whole day is going to be a write-off. I require caffeine to function, not just to be happy.
  • 9:30 AM: Coffee, hopefully, some avocado toast. God, I hate avocado toast. But I'll eat it anyway. Because… Instagram.
  • 10 AM - 1 PM: The Dali Museum. Oh, the Dalí! This is one place I'm actually pumped about. I've always been fascinated by his work. Surrealism, baby! I can't promise I'll understand everything but I'm there. I might even try to wear something artsy. Emphasis on try. I'm more of a t-shirt and jeans kind of person.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch somewhere near the museum. Need something quick and easy. Subway? No. I'm on vacation. Something… bougier. But not too bougie.
  • 2:00 PM: Exploring the downtown St. Pete art scene. The murals, the galleries… Hopefully, I don't accidentally buy a piece of art that costs more than my rent.
  • 4:00 PM: The Great Coffee Quest, Part Deux. More coffee! Maybe something fancy with a name I can't pronounce. Gotta keep that caffeine flowing!
  • 5:00 PM: Shopping or relaxing. Depending on my energy levels. Okay, shopping. I have a problem. I love to shop. But I also hate spending money. The conflict is real, people. And the sales people…They're so good.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Dinner… I want something local, unique, and hopefully not too crowded. I'm thinking… something with seafood. Maybe a casual, fresh-from-the-sea place? Ah, the choices! I'm getting hungry already.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the Moxy for drinks and maybe a late-night dip in the… you know, the pool. (If I'm feeling brave.) Or, more realistically, Netflix and chill in my room.

Day 3: Beaches & Betrayal (of My Diet)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast. More coffee. I'm addicted, I'm not ashamed to admit it.
  • 10:00 AM: Beach time! St. Pete Beach or Clearwater Beach? Decisions, decisions! I guess it depends on the weather and the vibe. I want soft sand, turquoise water, and minimal screaming children. Is that too much to ask?
  • 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Beach bliss (hopefully). Sunbathing, swimming (if I'm feeling brave!), reading, and generally trying to look like I'm effortlessly enjoying myself. This is the part where I vow to get tan, only to end up lobster red. Worth it.
  • 2:00 PM: Lunch at a beachside cafe. Fish tacos? Burgers? Something unhealthy, delicious, and totally against my "healthy eating" resolutions. Because vacation.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Beach time, round two. Maybe try paddleboarding. Maybe. Actually, probably not. I'm clumsy. I'll probably end up in the water, looking like a beached whale.
  • 5:00 PM: Post-beach rinse and repeat. Back to the Moxy to get ready for the evening.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner somewhere with a view of the sunset. Because… cliché. But also beautiful. Worth it.
  • 7:30 PM: Dancing! Maybe. A bar with live music? Or just a quiet drink and people watching. The choice is mine. And that is what vacations are all about.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the hotel to wind down, pack, and say (probably) goodbye to the tan that never was.

Day 4: Departure & The Bitter Sweet Taste of Freedom

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up. Coffee. Pack. GAH! I hate packing. I always overpack.
  • 10:00 AM: Breakfast. Probably the last coffee of the vacation. Wail. Okay, it's just a temporary goodbye. I will be back.
  • 11:00 AM: Last-minute souvenir shopping! (I need something to remember this by. And people to bring things back for.)
  • 12:00 PM: Check out of the Moxy, feeling a mix of sadness and relief. Sadness because vacation is over. Relief because I can finally relax.
  • 12:30 PM: That dreaded Uber/Lyft back to TPA. Airports. Again.
  • 1:30 PM: Airport chaos. Ugh.
  • Flight Time: Boarding, the eternal wait, actual flight.
  • Arrival at home: I'm home! Tired, a little burnt. But happy. St. Pete, you were weird, wonderful, and totally worth it.
Escape to Paradise: Obut Hotel Dongtan - Your South Korea Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States

Moxy St. Pete: Downtown's Hottest New Hotel (Seriously, Those Views!) - FAQ (Because Let's Be Real, You Have Questions)

Okay, So What's the Deal with These "Unbelievable Views"? Is It All Hype?

Alright, alright, let's be real. "Unbelievable Views" is a loaded phrase, right? Like, everyone *says* that. But at Moxy St. Pete? Dude, they're not kidding. I stayed in a room on the… well, let's just say a high floor, and I spent a solid hour just staring out the window. Seriously. My phone died from taking sunset pictures. And the *sunsets*? Forget about it. I've seen sunsets, I've been to the beach, I've lived in Florida for, like, *ever*. But this... this was different. It's the perfect blend of city chic and waterfront gorgeousness. You see everything – the bay, the boats, the skyline... it's a photographer's wet dream. Just be prepared to fight for window space if you brought your friends cuz you're definitely going to want it.

Is the Vibe at Moxy "Trendy" and "Unapproachable"? I'm Not Exactly Hip.

Okay, so "trendy" can be code for "pretentious garbage," right? *Totally* get it. But Moxy St. Pete actually nails the trendy-without-being-a-jerk thing. It's like… cool, but not trying *too* hard. There's a fun, playful vibe, lots of bright colors, and a general feeling of ‘come as you are.’ I wandered down to the bar in my, uh, let's just say *not-so-stylish* travel attire (think: wrinkled t-shirt, tired jeans), and I didn't feel like I was being judged. The staff is super friendly and helpful (and, bonus, they seem genuinely happy to be there!), so you don’t need to worry about walking in and feeling like you've stumbled into a fashion show. It's more like a chill party.

What's the Parking Situation Like? Ugh, Downtown Parking...

Alright, buckle up, because this is where things get real. Downtown parking? It's a battle. BUT! Moxy seems to understand this inherent evil. They’ve got valet parking, which is... well, it's a lifesaver. Especially if you've just driven for five hours and are already mildly hangry. *However*, it’s not free. Consider the cost when planning your trip. I'm a cheapskate, so I did the whole "hunt for street parking" thing. *Terrible idea.* Save yourself the stress – just valet. Trust me, your sanity (and your car's paint job) will thank you. Or, you know, Uber. That's probably a better idea.

The Rooms – Are They Tiny and Stylishly Impractical?

Okay, confession time: I’m a space hog. I *need* room to spread out. So, I went into the room with a bit of trepidation. The rooms *are* stylish. They're well-designed, modern, and have all the essentials. Honestly, they’re pretty darn efficient. The beds are comfortable, the shower had great water pressure… those are important things! But… and here's the honesty part…yeah, they're not massive. If you're traveling with a lot of luggage, or like to do jumping jacks every morning, well, there might be a slight crowding issue. But honestly, they are well utilized! Plus, those views I obsessed about earlier are worth the potential claustrophobia, in my opinion. I found it perfectly fine.

What's the Food and Drink Scene Inside the Hotel? Any Good?

Alright, let's talk about fuel. The bar downstairs is where it’s at. They have a decent cocktail list, and the bartenders are pretty skilled. I sampled, uh, several cocktails (research!). The restaurant downstairs has the usual options you’d expect. I'm a big fan of convenience, so having food and drink on-site is a huge plus. The food was good. Not mind-blowing life-changing, but solid, tasty, and exactly what you need after a day of exploring. And the outdoor space is fantastic for a cocktail or a quick bite, especially if you're looking for... you guessed it...more views.

Is the hotel a good spot for a romantic getaway?

Okay, this one depends on your definition of "romantic". The view from the room gives you bonus points! If you like a bit of fun and are okay with things being slightly more casual, then yes, absolutely. It's definitely got a cool, "we're young and in love" vibe. If you're hoping for quiet, candlelit dinners and zero interaction with other humans, maybe not. However, if you're up for a modern, fun-filled experience, definitely Moxy. My advice is to splurge on a room with a view and enjoy it.

What's the gym like? (Because, you know, gotta burn off those cocktails...)

The gym… okay, to be honest, I *intended* to use the gym. I packed my workout clothes! I even *looked* at the gym! It wasn't huge, but it seemed well-equipped. But… the views… and the cocktails… and the general general laziness that crept in. So, yeah, I can't personally vouch for the gym *experience*, but it’s there! And it looked… functional. So, if you’re a fitness fanatic, you should be fine I guess! You'll have to write your opinion.

Would you go back? And, more importantly, would *you* recommend it?

YES. The views alone? Worth it. I wholeheartedly recommend Moxy St. Pete. It's not a perfect hotel, but it's a really *good* hotel. The staff is amazing, the vibe is fun, and, let's be honest, the location is unbeatable. I'll probably go back, because I'm already missing those sunsets. And hey, maybe I’ll actually use the gym next time… maybe. Or maybe I'll just order another cocktail.
Hotel Bliss Search

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States

Moxy St. Petersburg Downtown St. Petersburg (FL) United States