Escape to Paradise: R&R's Home Awaits in Laiya, Batangas!
Escape to Paradise: R&R's Home Awaits in Laiya, Batangas! - My Truthful Take (Brace Yourselves!)
Okay, friends, let's be real. We're all looking for that escape, that slightly unrealistic dream of paradise. And Escape to Paradise: R&R's Home Awaits in Laiya, Batangas… well, it claims to be just that. I just got back, and honestly? I'm still processing it all. This isn't your typical boring hotel review; this is my messy, honest, and hopefully, helpful guide through their tropical jungle of offerings. Buckle up, because we're diving in DEEP.
First Impressions & Accessibility (Or, How Did I Even Get There?)
Finding Laiya itself is a little adventure. Batangas is beautiful, no doubt, but the roads leading to most resorts are… well, let's just say my poor little sedan took a beating. Accessibility to the resort is decent, considering the whole province. But be warned: if you're relying on public transport, it's gonna be a trek. Car park [free of charge] is a huge plus, thankfully. They've got a decent-sized lot, so that eased my parking anxiety.
Okay, let's talk wheelchair accessibility. This is where things get a little iffy. They advertise it, but I didn't see a lot of ramps or super easy access everywhere. While there's an elevator, the lay of the land is a bit… hilly. So, if you require full accessibility, call ahead and ask VERY specific questions about room locations and pathways. Don't just take their word for it; get specifics.
On-Site Feast (or Famine?) - Dining, Drinking, and Snacking
Food is EVERYTHING, right? And Escape to Paradise has a LOT in the dining department. Seriously, the list is endless: Restaurants, Bar, Coffee shop, Snack bar, Poolside bar… You name it, they probably have it.
- Restaurants: They've got several. I honestly lost track. The main one seemed to offer a buffet in restaurant and a la carte in restaurant options. The buffet was… decent? Let's be kind. The Asian breakfast, Western breakfast options are there, and they’re… functional. Nothing mind-blowing, but you won't starve. The International cuisine in restaurant was a mixed bag. Some hits, some misses. My advice? Explore the local eateries outside the resort for the true Batangas flavor.
- Poolside Bar: This is where it gets interesting. Picture this: sun, a cold drink (bottle of water is always a win), and… maybe a questionable karaoke session. (Okay, that was just my experience, but it could happen). Happy hour deals are a godsend.
- Room service [24-hour]: Bless them for that one. After a long day of… well, everything, having room service made a difference.
The "Relaxation" Zone - Spa, Pool, and Stuff
This is the stuff dreams are made of… right? Well, sometimes.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: The pool with view is GORGEOUS. Seriously, the view is breathtaking. I spent hours there, just floating and staring at the ocean. The water temperature was perfect. Definitely one of the highlights
- Spa/sauna, Gym/fitness, Steamroom: There’s a Spa, but I didn't actually go. The thought of a Body scrub, Body wrap, and Massage was tempting, but I was in maximum chill mode.
- Things to do, ways to relax: Relax, relax, relax. The resort is all about encouraging you to do just that.
- Pool with view: Incredible, as I said.
Cleanliness and Peace of Mind (Especially in These Times)
Okay, this is important. They're taking the cleanliness and safety thing very seriously. I saw Hand sanitizer everywhere. They had Daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff were wearing masks. It gave me peace of mind, which is crucial these days. They also use Anti-viral cleaning products, so it's nice to know that. Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Rooms sanitized between stays is what matters, so I'm giving them a thumbs up.
Tech Savvy or Tech Lagging? - Internet Access
Let's talk Internet. Wifi is supposedly available in all rooms but I found this to be a bit unreliable. The connection was fine for basic stuff, but if you're planning on streaming or video calls for Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, temper your expectations. Still, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a plus, and it's better than nothing.
The Room - My Personal Oasis (With Its Quirks)
My room? It was actually quite nice. Air conditioning was a must, because Batangas heat is no joke. Air conditioning in public area, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.. All the basics were there, plus some thoughtful touches. The bed was comfortable, the balcony was a lifesaver, the view!
Not-So-Secret Services & Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter)
They've got a ton of other services, from the practical to the just-in-case: Concierge, Cash withdrawal, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safe deposit boxes, Secret Services & Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter) - They have it all!
For the Kids (And Kid-at-Heart Guests)
If you're traveling with little ones, family/child friendly is, well, friendly. They also offer Babysitting service.
My Emotional Roundup (Because Honesty is Key)
Okay, so was Escape to Paradise actually paradise? Not entirely. It's got its flaws, sure. But it also has a lot going for it. The staff is generally friendly and helpful. The setting is drop-dead gorgeous. And, let's be honest, sometimes all you need is a comfortable bed, a view of the ocean, and a chance to breathe.
The Imperfection - My Biggest Critique (And It Matters)
While the resort is beautiful the resort desperately needs a bit of modernization. Dated technology, and in some areas, the feel of the property could use some updating. The rooms are pleasant enough but the hotel could be so much more.
My Suggestion for Booking (And Why You Should Do It!)
Okay, here's the deal:
For those seeking the ultimate escape to paradis, well, it doesn't exist. However, Escape to Paradise offers a great escape to Laiya. It's a solid choice with an amazing view.
The Offer:
Escape to Paradise: R&R's Home Awaits in Laiya, Batangas!
Book NOW for a 2-night stay and get:
- Free upgrade to a room with a balcony (subject to availability).
- Complimentary welcome drinks upon arrival.
- Free roundtrip airport transfer. (See Note on Car Park Free of Charge).
- 20% discount on spa treatments.
- Early check-in/late check-out (subject to availability).
Why You Should Book Now:
This is your chance to escape the daily grind and embrace the beauty of Batangas. It's a chance to unplug, unwind, and create memories you'll cherish.
Luxury Thames-Side Living: Skyvillion Apartments (Excel, O2, Woolwich)Okay, buckle up, Buttercup, because we're about to dive headfirst into my "R&R's Home at Pueblo de Laiya Batangas" adventure. Forget perfectly curated Instagram feeds; this is gonna be the REAL deal. Prepare to witness the glorious mess that is me on vacation.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Beach Bellyflop of '24 (Or, How I Almost Started the Day in the ER)
- 10:00 AM: The goddamn traffic! Holy hell. I swear, the drive from Manila to Batangas is a special kind of hell, a purgatory of honking and impatient glances. My perpetually optimistic travel buddy, MARK, kept humming show tunes to “cheer me up” until I gently threatened to throw his ukulele out the window. (I didn't, but the threat was real.)
- 1:00 PM: FINALLY. We arrive at R&R's. The place is…cute. Like, Instagram-cute, but also feels a little…rustic? The air conditioning in our room is questionable, but hey, the promise of the beach is enough to send me running across the sand.
- 1:30 PM: Lunch! The "buffet" they advertised was more like a strategically placed selection of food, but the sinigang was phenomenal. Mark ate three bowls. I may or may not have judged him.
- 3:00 PM: Beach time! Oh, the ocean. It's the reason we're here. I was so excited, I almost tripped over a rogue coconut while running towards the water. And then… disaster. I decided to do a dramatic bellyflop into the waves. Let's just say I landed with the grace of a particularly clumsy walrus. I think I swallowed half the ocean. The beach staff looked at me like I was an idiot, but I walked proudly to the shore.
- 4:00 PM: Regroup. I spent the next hour recuperating from my near-drowning experience, while Mark, the energetic nutcase, was off snorkeling. I watched, judging his form from the shore.
- 6:00 PM: Sunset drinks. The sunset was actually magical – as if the gods themselves were putting on a show. We were on the sand watching the sunset with a few local drinks. We started discussing life, loves, regrets, and Mark's questionable fashion choices. Deep conversations on the beach, the essence of vacation.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner. It was a decent meal, but my stomach was still unsettled from my earlier aquatic misadventure. I ended up eating all the French fries, the only edible thing available, in my opinion.
Day 2: Exploring the Beach and a Moment of Existential Dread at a Local Store
- 7:00 AM: Okay, so I woke up feeling like I'd been in a bar fight. Guess the ocean wasn't so kind after all - gags.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. The coffee was weak, an absolute betrayal of the caffeine gods.
- 9:00 AM: We decided to explore the beach. We took a walk. Beach at sunset and beach at sunrise are two different worlds.
- 10:00 AM: We stumbled upon a little local store. It had everything, from dodgy sunblock to questionable snacks. Staring into the abyss of endless, cheap trinkets and expired sweets, I had a brief (and somewhat dramatic) existential crisis. "Is THIS all there is?" I asked, pointing a trembling finger at a bag of suspiciously green chips. Mark just shrugged and grabbed a mango-flavored lollipop.
- 11:00 AM: Back to the beach, where I spent an hour just staring at the horizon, contemplating life, the universe, and why my sunscreen always seems to run into my eyes, causing an even greater existential dread.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. This time, I was smart and ordered something safe: chicken and rice. The staff were slow.
- 2:00 PM: Kayaking! I convinced myself I was a water sports expert. I am not. Suffice it to say, I spent more time capsizing than kayaking. But, hey, at least I didn't swallow as much water this time.
- 4:00 PM: Napping. I needed it. A nap so crucial it could save the world.
- 6:00 PM: Sunset cocktails again. Same amazing sunset, but this time, with slightly less existential dread. Maybe the mango lollipop did the trick.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner. Another…meal. Frankly, I didn’t care. We just ate.
Day 3: Departure and the Bitter-Sweet Taste of Farewell (and Traffic)
- 8:00 AM: Wake up from a nightmare. The sound of the waves was more like a bad horror movie.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The last breakfast. The coffee was still bad.
- 10:00 AM: Pack. Packing is the worst part of any vacation, a cruel reminder of the impending return to reality. I crammed everything in my suitcase and barely fit it.
- 11:00 AM: Last swim. One last, glorious plunge into the ocean. This time, I refrained from any dramatic dives.
- 12:00 PM: Sad goodbyes to the ocean. I almost cried when leaving the beach. I've never been one to do well with "goodbyes."
- 1:00 PM: The drive. Oh, the drive. The return trip was…well, it was hell. More show tunes from Mark. More horn honking. More existential dread.
- 5:00 PM: Home sweet home. As I unlocked my door, I could almost hear the ocean, the smell of the sea, and the echoes of laughter and the echoes of my bellyflop.
Final Thoughts:
R&R's Home at Pueblo de Laiya? It was…an experience. Yes, it was a little rough around the edges. But the beach? The sunsets? The moments of genuine connection? Totally worth the questionable coffee and the near-drowning experience. Would I go back? Probably. But next time, I'm investing in some serious swimming lessons and maybe a hazmat suit for the buffet. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. And a stiff drink. And maybe therapy.
Dubai Dream: Stunning 1-Bedroom Apartment Awaits!