Bangalore's BEST Kept Secret? Gateway Premium Inn Awaits!
Bangalore's BEST Kept Secret? Gateway Premium Inn Awaits! (Or Does It?) - A Brutally Honest Review
Okay, so "BEST Kept Secret" is a bold claim, right? That's what the Gateway Premium Inn throws at you, all shiny and pristine. And honestly? After a chaotic, coffee-stained week in Bangalore, I needed a sanctuary. Did I find one? Let's dive in, shall we? Buckle up, this is gonna get messy.
First Impressions: Accessibility (and the Lack Thereof, Sometimes)
Finding the place itself was a mini-adventure. GPS decided to take me on a scenic tour of Bangalore’s back alleys – which, let me tell you, are not designed for smooth sailing. But hey, finally, I arrived! Now, the accessibility situation is… complicated.
Wheelchair Accessible?: The website says yes. And while there is an elevator (praise the travel gods!), navigating the corridors with a wheelchair might feel a smidge cramped. It's certainly not flawlessly designed for full accessibility. My observation is that it's more "accessible-ish".
Air Conditioning in Public Area: Yes! That was a blessing after the humid Bangalore climate.
The Tech Tango: Internet, Oh Internet!
Listen, I need internet. I work, I stream, I occasionally indulge in mindless scrolling. The Gateway Premium Inn promises the goods:
- Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms?: YES! And it actually works. I could video call my mom without the connection dropping mid-sentence (a minor miracle). More on this later.
- Internet Access – LAN: Yep, the old school wired option is available too.
- Internet Services: Pretty basic, but hey, it's there.
- Wi-Fi in Public Areas: Decent coverage. You could work from the lobby, but let's be real, you're in Bangalore. Get out there!
Sanctuary or Simulated Spa Experience? The Relaxation Rundown
Now, this is where things get interesting. The hotel definitely leans into the relaxation vibe.
- Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: Did I go? Oh, yes. Was it the ultimate spa experience? Maybe not. The sauna was… warm. Let's just say that. My dream sauna is one that makes you sweat out all the questionable street food. This one was more of a gentle simmer in the background.
- Fitness Center/Gym/Fitness: A decent collection of equipment. I managed to avoid the treadmill, mostly because the sheer audacity of running indoors when you could be exploring Bangalore was too much for me.
- Swimming Pool: Beautiful! The "pool with a view" is nice to look at, but I was too chicken to get wet.
Cleanliness & Safety: Do They Care?
Absolutely! Post-pandemic, I'm hyper-vigilant. And the Gateway Premium Inn seems to take it seriously:
- Anti-viral Cleaning Products: Check.
- Daily Disinfection in Common Areas: Check.
- Hand Sanitizer: Everywhere. My perpetually germ-phobic self approved.
- Rooms Sanitized Between Stays: Yes.
- Doctor/nurse on call. Never used it, thankfully!
Food, Glorious Food (and The Occasional Letdown)
Bangalore is a foodie paradise! So, how does the Gateway Premium Inn measure up?
- Restaurants: Plural! Multiple choices? Yes!
- Asian Cuisine in Restaurant: Yes!
- Western Cuisine in Restaurant: Yes!
- Breakfast [buffet]: Excellent! This is where the Gateway Premium Inn really shines. A vast array of Western and Asian options – all fresh, delicious, and with amazing coffee. I loaded up on fruit, eggs, and a ridiculous amount of pastries. The only downside? The perpetually crowded buffet situation. It's a bit of a free-for-all during peak breakfast hours.
- Room Service [24-hour]: A lifesaver after a long day of exploring (and battling Bangalore traffic).
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Fantastic.
- Snack bar: Decent.
Services and Conveniences: The Extras That Matter
- Concierge: Helpful! Especially when I needed help arranging airport transfer or getting local tips.
- Daily Housekeeping: My room was always spotless. Bless them.
- Laundry Service/Dry Cleaning/Ironing Service: Yes! Very important when I'm travelling and not looking the best.
- Luggage Storage. Yes!
- Cash Withdrawal: Yes!
- Elevator: Yes!
What About the Room?!
Okay, the real test. Here’s the breakdown:
- Air Conditioning: Crucial!
- Blackout Curtains: Yes! Bless those things.
- Coffee/tea maker: Always a win!
- Free bottled water: Yes, and replenished daily.
- Hair dryer: It works.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Essential, as I said. And it WORKS! (I can't emphasize this enough.)
- Non-smoking: Excellent!
- Safe Box: Yes! For your valuables.
- Reading Light: Yes!
- Wake-up service: Yes!
- Soundproofing: Not perfect, but decent. You can't hear the chaos of the street too much on the higher floors.
- View: The windows open! Very good for Bangalore's weather.
- Linens: Clean.
Things to Do & Getting Around
- Airport Transfer: Yes! And a smooth ride.
- Car Park [free of charge]: Yes.
- Taxi service: Easily arranged.
- Front desk [24-hour]: Always a plus.
The Verdict: Is it REALLY a "Best Kept Secret?"
Honestly? Nah. It's good. It's solid. It's a comfortable, clean, and conveniently located hotel in a city that can be overwhelming. I enjoyed my stay. I did. Just don't expect the earth.
Now for the hard part: the flaws.
- The "Premium" part is a little…stretched.
- The "amazing" view turns out to be a view of other buildings.
- Some of the staff seemed a bit… burned out.
The "Best Kept" claim is… optimistic, but, it's a good spot.
The Sales Pitch: Book Now! (But Maybe Manage Your Expectations)
So, should you book the Gateway Premium Inn? YES, with some caveats.
Here's the deal:
Are you looking for a truly luxurious, mind-blowing experience? Maybe look elsewhere.
Are you looking for a comfortable, reliable, and clean hotel in a great location with solid amenities and reliable internet? Then, YES!
Book your stay at the Gateway Premium Inn today! Claim Your Bangalore Getaway! Limited-Time Offer: [Insert your own promotion and discount.] Click Here to Book Now and Experience Bangalore!
SEO Keywords: Bangalore hotel, Gateway Premium Inn, Bangalore accommodation, hotel review, spa, swimming pool, free wifi, clean hotel, accessible hotel, Bangalore India, best hotel Bangalore, family friendly hotel, business travel Bangalore, affordable hotel Bangalore.
Ponta Delgada Paradise: Spacious Garden & Private Parking!Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your sanitized travel brochure. This, my friends, is the REAL Gateway Premium Inn experience as told by yours truly. And let me tell you, it’s a rollercoaster. Or maybe a rickshaw ride with a questionable driver. Either way, hold on tight.
Gateway Premium Inn: Bangalore - A Messy, Wonderful Itinerary (with a healthy dose of reality)
Day 1: Arrival and the Battle of the Buffet
- Morning (aka, the "Did I pack enough deodorant?" phase): Landed in Bangalore. The airport felt like a sauna disguised as a terminal. Seriously, I think I sweat through my undies before I even reached the baggage carousel. Finding my driver was a Herculean task. Let's be honest, the chaos is part of the charm, right? Or maybe I'm just trying to justify the mild panic that ensued. Finally, sweet relief as I found the dude holding a sign with my name… spelt wrong. Ah, India. Never a dull moment.
- Afternoon (Check-in, Chaos, and Coffee): Checked into the Gateway Premium Inn. The lobby? Impressive. The room? Okay, a little less impressive than the lobby, and the AC whirred like a frustrated hummingbird. Dropped my bags, took a quick shower (needed that after the airport), and headed down for coffee. The coffee, thankfully, delivered. Strong, bitter, and exactly what I needed to face the day.
- Evening (The Buffet Debacle): Okay, so here's where things get interesting. Dinner at the hotel’s buffet. Now, I love a good buffet. I mean, mountains of food, all you can eat? Sign me up! Except this buffet was… intense. Firstly, the sheer volume of options was overwhelming. Curry this, dal that, naan the other. I tried everything. I'm pretty sure I saw a dish that was just… spiced potatoes. Fantastic. But here's the thing. The buffet had a serious "grab it before someone else does" vibe. There were elbows flying, tongs clashing, and a general sense of culinary survival. I felt like Indiana Jones fighting for the Ark of the Covenant, only instead of a golden box, it was a plate of chicken tikka masala. Also, I may have overeaten. Let's leave it at that. Ended the night with a bellyful of curry and a deep contemplation of my life choices.
Day 2: Gardens, Grumbles, and Glittering Temples
- Morning (Gardens That Almost Broke Me): Started the day with a visit to the Lal Bagh Botanical Garden. Beautiful, majestic… and scorching hot. I wilted faster than a daisy in a desert. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I saw a lizard look at me and think, "Yeah, I'm going to stay in the shade." Still, the gardens were lovely. Especially the glasshouse. Briefly. Until the sun decided to personally target the tourists.
- Afternoon (Rickshaw Rumble and a Temple's Tingle): Took a rickshaw to the Bangalore Palace. The ride was… thrilling. I'm pretty sure my life flashed before my eyes approximately fifteen times. The driver, bless his heart, seemed to think the rules of the road were mere suggestions. Bangalore is a symphony of horns and near misses. The palace itself was a stunner, although the crowds were a bit much. Then, a visit to the ISKCON Temple. Wow. Just… wow. The energy there was incredible. The chanting, the colours, the sheer devotion. I'm not religious, but I felt something. It’s like if a disco and church got married.
- Evening (The “I’m Never Eating Again” Phase): Back at the hotel. Had a light (read: tiny) dinner. I'm pretty sure the buffet from the previous night is still haunting my digestive tract. Watched some Bollywood movies on TV. Tried to understand what was going on. Failed miserably. Fell asleep.
Day 3: Coffee, Culture, and a Craving for Chicken
Morning (Coffee Shop Contemplations): Found a great little coffee shop near the hotel this morning. Finally got a proper cappuccino (the hotel coffee wasn't cutting it), and people-watched for a good hour. The people-watching in Bangalore is prime, it's like experiencing a culture collision. Every. Single. Day. The sheer diversity of it all—the saris, the turbans, the business suits – it's a kaleidoscope. (And the caffeine helped me stay awake enough to observe.)
Afternoon (Art and the Art of Patience): Visited the National Gallery of Modern Art. Art is nice, but the real art was navigating the lines and the crowds. After the chaos of the buffet AND the traffic, I had to remind myself more than a few times to breathe. Eventually I found myself utterly enchanted by the sheer variety of the artwork--from traditional to abstract.
Evening (Chicken Tandoori Obsession): This is where things go off the rails, people. I’m craving chicken tandoori. Seriously, the buffet has done something to me. I need it. So I search online for the place. There are so many places! After hours of research, I hop in a rickshaw (with a slightly less terrifying driver this time) and make it to a highly-rated restaurant that promised the best tandoori in Bangalore.
The Chicken Tandoori Saga: A Deep Dive:
Okay, so this place was amazing. The atmosphere was lively, the servers were friendly, and the smell of the tandoor oven was intoxicating. I ordered the tandoori chicken. And then I waited. And I waited. And I waited. It came. Glorious red, smoking, juicy, chicken tandoori. It was perfection. Crispy on the outside, tender and flavourful on the inside. I ate it. Every single bite. I may have moaned with pleasure. I'm not ashamed. It was an experience. Forget the museums, forget the gardens, this was the highlight of my trip so far. I can still taste it, that smoky, spicy flavour. I think I might go back tonight. I'm not even kidding.
Day 4: Departure and a Farewell Toast
- Morning (Shopping Spree and Souvenir Regret): Last-minute souvenir shopping. Bought way too many trinkets and clothes. I have no idea what I'll do with half of this stuff. I'm pretty sure my suitcase is going to explode.
- Afternoon (Hotel Hangover and a Final Chai): Back at the hotel. Packing. Feeling a slight sense of melancholy. Also, still full from the chicken tandoori. Had a final chai. Smiled.
- Evening (A Final Toast): Farewell Dinner: Back to the hotel to get to the airport. As I leave, I raise a final glass of Indian beer to Bangalore. It's a city that challenges you, frustrates you, and ultimately, wins you over with its chaos, its colours, and its undeniable charm. Now if you’ll excuse me, I am going to go and figure out how to get all this chicken tandoori goodness home with me…
So there you have it. My messy, wonderful, honest account of a trip to the Gateway Premium Inn. Would I go back? Absolutely. Bangalore, you've got me hooked. Now to try and lose the extra pounds… and get over my fear of rickshaws. Wish me luck, folks. And please, pack more deodorant. You'll need it.
Escape to Chicago: Luxurious Stay at Hoffman Estates' Country Inn & SuitesBangalore's Best-Kept Secret? (Don't Tell Anyone... Gateway Premium Inn Awaits... if you dare)
So, what *actually* makes Gateway Premium Inn so secret? Is it like, a spy base or something?
Okay, okay, settle down, James Bond. No, it's not a spy base (as far as *I* know, anyway... but hey, I'm always open to conspiracy theories). It's more of a… well, a seriously good hotel that nobody seems to know about. Seriously! I stumbled upon it by accident – was hopelessly lost, desperately needed a bathroom, and BAM! There it was. And I’m talking *glowing* in the Bangalore night, even with the smog. It's that good. Or at least... it *was* good. We'll get to that. The secret really stems from a lack of aggressive marketing, I think. Everyone's too busy Instagramming their avocado toast at some overpriced brunch spot to discover this gem. Or *used* to be a gem... It's like, you know how you find a new coffee shop and you're like "WHOA, this is my *new* coffee shop"? Gateway Premium Inn is kinda like that, but with plush towels and room service. And, okay, maybe the coffee is slightly better at the artisanal place, but the overall experience? Still wins, mostly...
Alright, alright, fine. What's the catch? There *has* to be a catch. Are the beds rock-hard? Is the AC a Himalayan breeze?
Okay, deep breaths. There *wasn't* a huge catch. The beds were… well, they were pretty darn comfy. Not cloud-nine comfy, mind you. I've had a few *those* experiences… but they were better than the average "hotel mattress." The AC *worked*. Properly. Which, in Bangalore, is practically a miracle. The staff also helped to create great experiences, and I can say that I felt well taken care of. Now, the "catch" *might* be the location. It's not exactly *centrally* located, but Bangalore isn't known for its walkability anyway; you're probably taking an auto or Uber regardless. On the downside… this part makes me so sad… the breakfast buffet… I’m not sure if they changed the chef or what, but it used to be absolutely *divine*. Think crispy dosas, fluffy idlis, the works. Last time I went it was… well, let's just say I ended up going across the street to get a paratha. Disappointing, to say the least. But still, the room was great
So, Breakfast is the only thing that's changed, right?
*Sigh*. It's complicated. See, I *loved* Gateway Premium Inn. I really, really did. I spent two incredible weeks and when I left, I thought it may have been my new home. I loved the convenience and cleanliness of their rooms, the quiet during the middle of the day, and how close everything was nearby. But it's not just the breakfast that's gone down the drain. While I loved the staff and the friendly faces I got to see every day, the room's quality has degraded a bit. The sheets aren't as pristine, and the AC is starting to get noisy. Still, I wouldn't lie, if I need a place to crash, I'd probably go back.
What about the price? Is it like, a budget backpacker hostel in disguise, or are we talking five-star extravagance?
Okay, the price. This is where it gets interesting. It’s not *dirt* cheap, but it's also not going to make you weep into your wallet. It used to be a *steal*, honestly. You got a lot of bang for your buck. Now? It's edging upwards, but still manageable. Definitely worth it if you're looking for something comfortable and clean, without the ridiculous price tags of some of the bigger, fancier hotels in town. They often have deals too, so keep an eye out! I snagged a fantastic rate for a few nights once because I checked their website at the right time. Now, that's not gonna change anything...
What's the overall vibe? Is it a place to be seen, or a place to hide from the world?
Definitely not a place to be *seen*, unless you’re desperately trying to escape the limelight. It’s not a "scene" kind of place. It's more of a "get away from the chaos" kind of place. Think comfortable, quiet, and a little bit… unassuming. It used to be almost *too* quiet, actually. I swear, you could practically hear a pin drop in the lobby. Now, I think the overall vibe is great. No one is judging you at all. If you're looking for a place to work remotely, relax, or just recharge your batteries, Gateway Premium Inn could be perfect. If you want to strut around and make everyone envious... probably not.
Okay, last question (for now!). Are they any *quirky* things about the Inn that you remember?
Oh, where do I even begin? Well, let me tell you about the elevator… It's a bit… slow. And I swear, I could've sworn it made a different creaky noise every time I rode it. Made me wonder if some guy was inside, actually making the noises. And the hallway lighting! It’s deliberately dimmed, which is nice, until you’re squinting at the room numbers and desperately trying to find your room after a late night. But you know what? Those little quirks just added to the charm. Or… they *used* to. I'm getting the feeling that things are… changing. But still, I have fond memories.