Escape to Vermont's Most Charming Inn: The Covered Bridge Inn Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a review of "Escape to Vermont's Most Charming Inn: The Covered Bridge Inn Awaits!" Now, I'm not gonna lie, "charming" is a word that makes me a little twitchy. It's so… advertisey. But, hey, let's see if the Covered Bridge Inn can actually deliver on that promise. I'm a sucker for a good Vermont getaway, so let's get messy, see what we find, and figure out if this place is actually worth schlepping your suitcase through the Green Mountain State for.
First Impressions: The Charm Offensive
So, the name's accurate. It's right there on the website – "Covered Bridge Inn". Okay, covered bridge. Check. Vermont-y. Check. It's already got a leg up. The website itself? Pretty slick. Easy to navigate, good photos, and promises of… well, charm. I’m already suspicious. Is it going to be all doilies and floral wallpaper? Or something more… authentic?
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Maybe? We Need More Info!
This is HUGE for me. I need to know about this stuff. The review states: "Facilities for disabled guests." Okay, vague. The real question is: How disabled-friendly? Are the common areas wide enough? Are there ramps? Accessible rooms? I noticed "Elevator" listed as a service, which is a good start! But this is an area where I’d call the inn directly before booking. I seriously need to know the details because "Facilities for disabled guests" can mean anything. This is a critical area for improvement in the review - be honest if there are things missing!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Vermont Food Adventure?
Okay, now we’re talking! Food is life. Let's see if this inn gets it. The listing mentions a ton of options:
- Restaurants: Good!
- A la carte in restaurant: Okay, good again.
- Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine, International cuisine, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine: Whoa! That is, like, a lot of variety for a little Vermont Inn. I'm intrigued.
- Bar: Essential. Must have a damn good local beer selection.
- Breakfast [buffet] & Breakfast service & Breakfast takeaway service: Always helpful. I'm picturing a buffet with fresh-baked maple scones… drool.
- Poolside bar: If they have a pool, and it's near the bar, this is a win.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant & Coffee shop: Caffeine, check!
- Desserts in restaurant & Snack bar: Because every vacation needs a sugar rush.
- Room service [24-hour]: Now that's luxury. But, I’m skeptical if it’s truly 24 hours. Probably just until the kitchen closes?
- Bottle of water: Always a nice touch.
- Happy hour: Hopefully with local brews!
- Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant: Healthy options.
My Take: This menu is ambitious for a smaller inn. I’d love to hear from someone who's actually eaten here. Is the Asian food legit? Or just… present? The descriptions are somewhat bland. I’d love to see more personality in the menu!
Relaxation Station: Spa Dreams and Poolside Vibes?
Alright, winding down. Let’s see if the inn can deliver on R&R. The long list is a good sign:
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Okay, a LOT going on there. It’s impressive, but also… overwhelming. I bet the spa services will be where the real charm is, but I am also expecting a hefty price tag to go with it.
My Take: I am a sucker for a good spa day, so this is a definite plus. The "pool with a view" is what's really selling this for me, I'm a sucker for a good view. I hope the fitness center isn’t just a treadmill in a closet.
Internet Access, Services and Conveniences: Staying Connected… or Not?
- Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free], Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Wi-Fi in public areas, Internet services, Business facilities, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Concierge, Cash withdrawal, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Cash withdrawal, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: Again, impressive list. But this doesn’t give me a good feeling about the internet. Having the entire list doesn’t mean the service quality is good. Is the Wi-Fi reliable? Or am I going to be fighting for signal in the lobby? I'd also be annoyed if the Wi-Fi in my room sucks!
My Take: The Wi-Fi situation is critical, so I'm not sure how well it all works. The essential condiments item confuses me - what is that about?
For the Kids: Because Even Charm Needs a Babysitter
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: They’re covering the bases for families, which is good. But again, I'd ask specific questions beforehand. Is it a pool or kiddie pool?
Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic Chic or Actually Careful?
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: This is amazing, all of it. I have to give it to them for going the extra mile, even if some of it is virtue signaling.
Rooms and Amenities: Home Away from Home?
- Available in all rooms, Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra-long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: The rooms sound well-equipped. I like that there’s air conditioning and a good coffee/tea maker. If the rooms are updated, this is all great.
Getting Around: Let the Adventure Begin
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: That is a lot of different ways to get around!
Safety & Security: Peace of Mind
- Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms: This is good. I want to feel safe and secure.
Things to do: Because Vermont isn't JUST about Cozy Inns
Honestly, the listing doesn’t say. This is a huge miss. What are the key things to do nearby and is the inn a base point for exploring the area? This is a major flaw in the listing.
The Verdict: Is This Inn Actually Charming?
Okay, let’s be real. This review is a bit messy. It’s a bit all over the place. But that's real life, right? The Covered Bridge Inn sounds promising. It has great amenities, a good range of options for dining and relaxing, and a whole slew of safety measures. It misses its mark when it comes to accessibility, reliable Wi-Fi
Albufeira's Hidden Gem: Peneco Guesthouse - Your Dream Portugal Escape!Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because you're about to get a warts-and-all account of my (mis)adventure at that quaint little beacon of Vermont charm, The Covered Bridge Inn in Brattleboro. Forget those pristine, perfect itineraries you see online – this is the REAL deal, folks. Prepare for a whirlwind of flannel-clad dreams and questionable life choices.
Day 1: Arrival & The Unfolding of the Flannel Embrace (and a Near-Disaster)
Morning (ish): Oh, the drive! I'd envisioned myself, windows down, wind in my hair, serenading the Green Mountains with my off-key rendition of "Leaving on a Jet Plane." Reality? Stuck in traffic, arguing with my GPS (who, by the way, is clearly biased against Vermont roads), and smelling vaguely of stale coffee and existential dread. Finally, finally, the familiar painted wooden inn sign appears! YES! Oh, and did I mention I almost sideswiped a pickup truck trying to navigate the unbelievably tight driveway? Close call. Whew.
Late Afternoon: Check-in. The lobby? Cozy, like a grandma's hug, if your grandma happened to have impeccable taste in antique rocking chairs. The woman at the desk, bless her heart, was a picture of New England stoicism, barely cracking a smile. My room… Well, it wasn't the suite I'd secretly hoped for, but it was clean(ish)! And that view! Right onto the river, with the covered bridge just peeking through the trees. Okay, I'm sold.
Evening: Dinner at a local spot, The Common Cafe. Honestly, the menu was so charming. The waitress, bless her heart, was the sweetest. I ordered the shepard's pie. It arrived, and the presentation was something. The potato crust? Beautiful. The peas? Bright green. The taste? Meh. Still, I forced myself to eat the whole thing, fueled by the conviction that I would have an amazing time. After dinner, I took a walk. The air was crisp and clean, and Brattleboro was just magical at night.
Day 2: Covered Bridges, Coffee Chaos, and a Deep Dive into Local Life
Morning: Rise and… sigh. Coffee. Crucial. Breakfast at the inn was…let's go with "rustic." Decent scrambled eggs, but the bacon was, well, more like bacon-flavored disappointment. I ended up refilling my coffee mug probably a dozen times. I needed this caffeine boost. After breakfast, it was time for the covered bridge tour! I was so excited to go on the bridge. I thought it would be amazing. After looking at the bridges, I went to a coffee shop. I ordered my usual; a large iced latte. They messed up my coffee. I drank it anyway. What a day.
Afternoon: I stumbled upon a local farmers market. God, the produce! The colors! I bought way too much. The whole thing was a sensory overload. The energy! It was chaotic perfection. There was a tiny, grumpy old man selling maple syrup, and I swear I spent a solid hour watching him interact with customers. He was the quintessence of Vermont, and I loved every minute of it. Back to the Inn to relax, I realized my camera was basically dead. Major fail.
Evening: I almost skipped it, but I decided to give it a shot. I went back to the Common Cafe. My second time there, and the waitress recognized me. She said she could do better this time. I was skeptical, but I decided to be optimistic. I ordered the same meal as yesterday. What a mistake! It was the same meal, but somehow worse. The potato crust was burnt this time! I left a decent tip, and went back to my room. I sat by the river and watched the stars.
Day 3: Farewell, Vermont - And the Lingering Smell of Maple Syrup
Morning: Final breakfast. Bacon, again, failed to redeem itself. Packing. The hardest part. I felt a twinge of sadness as I looked out at the covered bridge. I'd grown accustomed to it, to the pace of life, to the quirky charm. I actually shed a tear!
Afternoon: Check-out. The woman at the desk smiled, genuinely this time. Did she sense my newfound love of Vermont? Perhaps. The drive home was a blur, a mix of traffic, podcasts, and a lingering sense of nostalgia. I stopped for a final maple creamee, because, well, when in Vermont.
Quirky Observations, Emotional Reactions, and Rambles:
- The sheer silence at times was almost deafening. Coming from the constant buzz of city life, it was… unsettling. In a good way. Eventually.
- I developed a deep and abiding love for flannel. Seriously, I bought a whole bunch of it. It's a sickness.
- I talked to a local at The Covered Bridge Inn. "Are you having a lovely time, dear?" was what he said. I replied to tell him that "I love it here."
- Vermont is a sensory experience. That crisp air, the bright colors, the smell of woodsmoke and maple syrup – it's intoxicating.
- I'm pretty sure the squirrels at the inn were judging me. Constantly.
- The biggest takeaway? Sometimes, it's the imperfections, the missteps, the slightly burnt bacon, that make a trip truly memorable. And Vermont? Vermont gets into your soul.
Look, my trip wasn't glamorous. It wasn't perfect. But it was real. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I'm off to find some flannel. And maybe try to perfect my shepard's pie recipe. Wish me luck!
Moxy House Gallipoli: Italy's Most Stunning Historic Center HideawayEscape to Vermont's Most Charming Inn: The Covered Bridge Inn Awaits! - FAQs (Kinda)
So, is this place *really* charming? Like, Vermont charming?
Alright, lemme be brutally honest. I’m a city mouse at heart. Charming? My first thought was “Ugh, quaint.” But... yeah, it is. Vermont charming is… well, it’s a thing. Think less manicured lawns, more wildflowers peeking out of stone walls. Less perfectly symmetrical, more… character. I mean, the covered bridge *right there*. Honestly, the first time I drove over it, I felt like I'd stumbled into a Hallmark movie, and I initially *hated* it. I was expecting something to jump out and shout "Merry Christmas!" But after a few days? Yeah, charming. The inn itself has creaky floors, which I *thought* would drive me nuts, but somehow, they add to the ambiance. If you want perfect, sterile perfection… go to a chain. But if you crave the feeling of stepping back in time (in a good way!), this is pretty darn close.
What are the rooms like? Are they… modern? Or… dusty?
Okay, so, 'modern' is *not* Vermont. The rooms are… well-loved. Think antique furniture, maybe a floral wallpaper situation (I’m not gonna lie, mine had it). They're cozy, not cavernous. Don't expect a gigantic flat-screen TV (mine was a small, old thing that I could BARELY get to work), and the Wi-Fi can be a little… temperamental. Honestly, I was secretly thrilled about the lack of constant connectivity. I wanted to escape the email chains and the endless social media scroll. And the dust? Okay, there might have been *some* dust. But it wasn't the kind that made you feel like you needed a hazmat suit. It was the kind that whispered stories of generations gone by. (Okay, maybe I'm getting a little carried away.) Let's just say, embrace the imperfections. That's part of the charm, right? ... Right?
The Food. Is it any good? Breakfast included, right?
Breakfast. Okay, breakfast is a *highlight*. It's included, yes. And it’s not your sad continental breakfast with stale muffins. Nope. Think homemade muffins that actually melt in your mouth. Think eggs cooked to order (the cook, bless her heart, was a saint when I asked for my sunny-side up). Think fresh fruit, local maple syrup (Duh!), and strong Vermont coffee that'll jolt you awake faster than a bear sighting. Dinner… well, dinner is a bit of a crapshoot. There are a few *fantastic* restaurants within a short drive. One night, we tried the recommended place, and oh boy, did it disappoint. BUT, I made a friend, a woman named Agnes, who had been visiting that inn for 25 years. She told me the best spot to eat. Always ask!
What's there to *do*? Besides, you know, exist in quaintness.
Okay, so the pace of life is… different. Slower. That takes some getting used to if you're from somewhere, you know, with more than one stoplight (sorry, Vermont). But! Once you embrace it, it's amazing. Hiking is huge. There are trails for all levels. I am someone who likes to make a point of staying inside, but I went on one hike. It was… pretty. The leaves were turning all gorgeous colors. I tripped over a root (naturally), but I recovered. There's also antiquing (I found a ridiculously overpriced, but beautiful, antique tea set). Scenic drives. Covered Bridge hunting (seriously, they're everywhere!). And, if you're into it, fishing. I'm not. I'd rather see the fish in peace. But there's *plenty* to keep you occupied. Or, you know, just sit on the porch with a book and a cup of coffee. That works too. Especially after the hike!
Is it good for families? Kids?
Hmm. Okay. This… depends on *your* family. If your kids are the type who need constant stimulation, iPads glued to their eyeballs, and a swimming pool the size of Delaware? Probably, not. There's no "kids club" or arcades. But! There's space to run around, explore, and get *outside* (gasp!). Imagine kids discovering the beauty of the natural world - that sounds like a decent trade to the sound of endless tiktok scrolling. I saw some kids, they seemed to be perfectly entertained building forts in the woods and chasing fireflies. There are also board games at the Inn. But also… if your kids are prone to meltdowns in quiet places… maybe pack a *lot* of snacks. And maybe a good book for *you*.
Is there a bar? Because, you know… vacation.
Okay, this is a crucial question. There's *not* a dedicated bar, per se. But! The inn has a cozy little living room with a fireplace (that actually *works*!), and you can BYOB. Which is… kinda perfect. Grab a bottle of wine (or something stronger, no judgment here!), settle in by the fire, and chat with the other guests. Or, you know, just stare into the flames and contemplate the meaning of life. I highly suggest the latter. Vermont is a good place to contemplate. And if you're lucky, someone will share a story with you (like the one I got from Agnes about the haunted room - it was the *best* night).
What was the *one thing* that completely surprised you? Something you didn’t expect?
Okay, here's the real, messy truth. Before I went, I was *dreading* it. I pictured a weekend of forced pleasantries and awkward silences. I'm a lone wolf kind of person. What surprised me? The *people*. The other guests. They were… normal. Not the overly-perfumed, overly-cheerful types I was expecting. We ended up chatting for hours with a couple from Boston, sharing stories over mugs of hot chocolate. I made friends with Agnes (she of the restaurant recommendations). We laughed. We shared stories. One guy even had a dog. He told me about his dog. I'm not a dog person! I'm a cat person! But I listened. I actually *enjoyed* it. It wasn't just the charming inn. It was the feeling of connection, of being… welcomed. That was the real Vermont magic.