Escape to Paradise: Lecce's Hidden Gem, Corte Dei Romiti B&B
Escape to Paradise: A Messy, Honest, and Totally Real Review of Corte Dei Romiti B&B (and Why You NEED to Go!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (and maybe a little limoncello) on Corte Dei Romiti B&B, this supposed "Hidden Gem" in Lecce. And let me tell you, after a week there, I feel like I've just emerged from a sun-drenched, olive oil-infused dream. Seriously. Get ready to loosen your belt, because you're gonna want to book this place – like, yesterday.
Let's start with the basics, the nuts and bolts, the stuff everyone expects in a review, y'know?
Accessibility & Safety (The “Sensible Stuff” That Actually Matters):
Right, so, the accessibility is mostly alright. Wheelchair accessible? I can't give you a definitive "yes" here. I saw some elevators and ramps, but I'd strongly recommend getting in touch with the B&B directly to confirm specific requirements for your needs. They seemed pretty responsive when I emailed them, so don't hesitate to reach out. Elevator: Yes, thank goodness! Thank you, sweet Italian angels.
Now, the important stuff: Cleanliness and Safety. This, my friends, is where Corte Dei Romiti shines. They take the pandemic seriously, and I’m a bit of a germaphobe, so believe me when I say this isn't just lip service. They've got Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Professional-grade sanitizing services. They even let you opt out of room sanitization if you want to feel extra secure. Talk about peace of mind! They've also got Hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE (bless!), and the staff are all super-vigilant about it. Honestly, I felt safer there than I do in my own bathroom. They’ve got First aid kit and even a Doctor/nurse on call, which is amazing. Staff are trained in safety protocol. Cashless payment service and Rooms sanitized between stays. They also had Sterilizing equipment in the breakfast area.
I spotted CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside the property, which always reassuring.
Internet (Because We All Need to Post Those Instagram Pics):
Okay, so, Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! And it's actually good Wi-Fi, not that flaky stuff that makes you want to throw your phone out the window. They also have Internet access – LAN if you’re old school which makes them great. And for any potential events you might hold, they've got Wi-Fi for special events.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (My Personal Highlight Reel - Cue the Pasta!):
Listen, I'm a simple creature. I live for good food. And Corte Dei Romiti delivered. Big time.
The breakfast! Oh, the breakfast. Forget those sad continental breakfasts you get at other hotels. This was a glorious spread. Breakfast [buffet], yes, but also with Breakfast in room if you just are like me and enjoy a late lazy breakfast! Western, Asian breakfast options! A la carte in restaurant if you want something more. Alternative meal arrangement if you have allergies. The Buffet in restaurant was a feast! They had everything! From freshly baked pastries (I’m still dreaming of the cornetti!), to local cheeses and meats, fresh fruit overflowing from bowls, and enough coffee to power a small country. I particularly remember the coffee/tea in restaurant – rich, aromatic, and plentiful. They had a coffee shop right on-site too. The smell alone made me want to move in.
I might…may have taken a Breakfast service back to my room on more than one occasion, shhh.
And the restaurants themselves… Oh. My. Sweet. Mother. The food. The flavors. The sheer joy of eating there. They had a Vegetarian restaurant, which was a great sign, but the rest of the food options were equally compelling. The International cuisine in restaurant was wonderful, and I sampled a bit of everything. There was a delicious soup in restaurant, fantastic salads in restaurant, and amazing Desserts in restaurant, including a tiramisu so good I cried – literally. They also had a Poolside bar, perfect for sunset cocktails, and a Snack bar to keep those hunger pangs at bay. And of course: Bottle of water in the room!
And the Happy hour? Don't even get me started. Let's just say I made a few new, very friendly Italian friends.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (The "Paradise" Part):
Okay, look, I'm not going to pretend I spent all my time doing high-intensity workouts at the Fitness center or getting a Body wrap or a Body scrub. Although the Massage did sounds tempting. But they do have a decent Gym/fitness, plus a Spa/sauna.
Honestly, I was perfectly happy lounging by the Swimming pool [outdoor]. The Pool with view was stunning!! And I’m so glad, because I had a spectacular view of the place from an elevated point. They also had a Sauna and Steamroom, and even a Foot bath.
I was also a big fan of the Terrace– perfect for a pre-dinner aperitivo, and the Poolside bar was heavenly.
Honestly, my definition of "relax" is probably sitting with a giant book, a cold drink, and the sun on my face, and I could do that perfectly well right there.
Services and Conveniences (The "Makes Life Easy" Bit):
They’ve got it all, truly. Need Air conditioning in public area? Check. Audio-visual equipment for special events? Yup. Baby sitting service? Got it. Business facilities, including Meeting/banquet facilities, and even a Xerox/fax in business center? You betcha. Luggage storage? Of course! You’ll find the Concierge really helpful. Daily housekeeping is lovely. They also do Dry cleaning, Ironing service, and Laundry service. They have a Gift/souvenir shop - a dangerous but fun addition.
For the Kids (Because Families Deserve Paradise Too):
They’re very Family/child friendly. I spotted Kids facilities and a Kids meal option on the food menu. .
The Rooms (Where the Magic Happens):
My room was a dream. Seriously. Air conditioning that actually, you know, worked. A ridiculously comfortable bed with an Extra long bed. Blackout curtains (essential for those afternoon naps!). A Mini bar stocked with goodies (and more importantly, wine). The Bathroom was modern and spotless, and they had all the usual suspects – Towels, Toiletries, Hair dryer, Slippers, Bathrobes and Bathtub. And let's not forget the Free bottled water! Coffee/tea maker in the room – a lifesaver. High floor access. Non-smoking (thank goodness!). Safe box. And the Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN were, as I said, top-notch. And a big, sunny, open Window that opens. Absolute perfection.
What About the Imperfections? (Because Nothing's Perfect, Right?)
Honestly? It’s hard to find anything major to complain about. Maybe the occasional slow service at the bar, but hey, you’re on vacation. Chill out. And the location, while central, means you might hear some street noise at night. But that's a tradeoff for being in the heart of the action!
The Verdict: Escape to Paradise - Corte Dei Romiti B&B is a Must-Book!
Okay, so, final verdict: Escape to Paradise: Corte Dei Romiti B&B isn’t just a place to stay. It’s an experience. It’s a vibe. It’s a slightly messy, gloriously real slice of Italian heaven. From the impeccable cleanliness to the ridiculously good food, the super-friendly staff, to the blissful pool, this B&B has it all.
Here's why you NEED to book it:
- You need to experience genuine Italian hospitality. This isn't a cookie-cutter hotel; it's a place where you feel welcomed, cared for, and truly at home.
- You deserve to be pampered, to be cared for and to be safe. The safety protocols are solid, and the amenities will ensure you relax and enjoy your time out
- You crave AMAZING food. Seriously, the breakfast alone is worth the trip.
- You want an authentic Lecce experience. You're right in the heart of the city, steps away from everything, with the B&B as a perfect base.
**Book now. Seriously. Don't hesitate. Trust me on this one. Your stomach, your soul, and your Instagram feed will
Escape to Chengde: GreenTree Inn's University City Oasis!Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this itinerary for B&B Corte Dei Romiti in Lecce, Italy, is about to get a whole lot messier than your average travel brochure. This is not a polished, pristine schedule. This is real life, people. Expect gelato stains, questionable decisions, and a whole lotta "Ooooh, woooow!"
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Lemonade Debacle (or, I'm an Idiot)
- 14:00 (ish): Arrive at Bari Airport. Immediately feel like I've stepped into a Fellini film. Everything is a little too dramatic, including the woman yelling into her phone about "the pasta!" (I can relate). Find the trusty rental car - a Fiat Panda, which, let's be honest, will probably survive longer than I will.
- 15:00 (ish): Drive to Lecce. The countryside is stunning, rolling hills covered in olive groves. Try to take a photo while driving. Fail spectacularly. Realize I’m basically a hazard on four wheels.
- 17:00: Check into B&B Corte Dei Romiti. Place is gorgeous, like a secret garden hidden behind ancient walls. The owner, a woman named Maria with eyes that could melt glaciers, welcomes me with a smile that's both warm and slightly… knowing. Like she knows I'm about to mess up, and also, she gives the biggest, most genuine hug. Love her already.
- 17:30: Settle in. My room, overlooking a tiny courtyard, smells faintly of jasmine and old books. Pure bliss. Start unpacking, which quickly turns into a game of "How Many Things Can I Squeeze into a Tiny Italian Closet?" Spoiler alert: It's a lot.
- 18:00: THE GREAT LEMONADE DEBACLE: Maria recommends a nearby restaurant for dinner, but first, she offers me a homemade lemonade. It’s supposed to be the best she’s ever made, and she's not wrong. It's probably the best lemonade I've ever had… except that I get so excited about the Lemonade, that I nearly forget to ask her directions to the restaurant because I'm too busy complimenting it. Luckily, I recover, she gives me directions.
- 19:00: Wander through the charming streets of Lecce, completely lost within two minutes. Thank God for Google Maps. Finally, I find "Trattoria Le Zie," which, miraculously, has a table available.
- 19:30: Dinner. Order the orecchiette with broccoli rabe. My first bite? Pure, unadulterated heaven. I mean, I could cry. But then I remember my table manners (or, try to). It's so good, the kind of good that makes you want to lick the plate. I almost did.
- 21:00: Stroll back to the B&B, getting lost again, but this time I don't care. The night air is warm, the streetlights cast a golden glow on the buildings, and I'm fueled by pasta and pure happiness. Fall into bed, exhausted and completely smitten with Lecce.
Day 2: Baroque Overload and a Gelato Intervention
- 09:00: Wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread and strong coffee (made by Maria, naturally). Breakfast is a feast of local pastries, fresh fruit, and more coffee. Try my best to restrain myself from scarfing down everything in sight. Fail.
- 10:00: Explore Lecce. First stop: the Basilica di Santa Croce. Gasp. The architecture is so intricate, so ridiculously ornate, that my brain nearly explodes. Spend a solid hour just staring, jaw on the floor. Feel a little overwhelmed – it’s a baroque explosion!
- 11:00: Wander through the Piazza Sant'Oronzo, marveling at the Roman Amphitheatre. Try to imagine gladiators fighting, get distracted by a vendor selling pistachio gelato.
- 11:30: Gelato Intervention. Okay, here’s the truth. I’ve essentially committed myself to eating gelato for every single hour of the day. It's a problem. But, I tell myself, "I'm Italian… well, in Italy, so it's research!" Pick a pistacchio – it's officially my favorite flavor.
- 12:30: Lunch at a tiny trattoria. Order panzerotti, deep-fried pockets of deliciousness. Seriously consider moving to Lecce and opening a panzerotti shop.
- 14:00: More Lecce exploration: the Duomo, the Roman Theatre. Okay, I'm officially baroqued out. My brain can't process any more gilded cherubs and swirling facades. Time for a break.
- 15:00: Find the perfect little cafe for an espresso and people-watching. Observe the locals, who seem to move at a slower, more deliberate pace than I do. Start to feel myself slowing down too. It's wonderful.
- 16:00: Return to B&B for a shower and a nap. I slept like a rock.
- 18:30: Go out to shop around the town. Find many souvenirs and buy way too much.
- 19:30: Dinner at the same delightful Trattoria Le Zie. Order more pasta!
Day 3: Day Trip to the Coast and the Melancholy of Departure
- 08:00: After being kissed goodbye by Maria, drive to the coast. The Adriatic Sea calls.
- 09:00: Arrive at a beach, Porto Selvaggio, known for its crystal-clear water. It’s beautiful, but also a bit crowded. Find a less populated spot and spend the morning swimming, sunbathing, and occasionally just staring out at the endless blue.
- 13:00: Grab a quick lunch at a seaside restaurant. Order grilled fish and realize that I've been eating carbs and gelato non-stop, but I'm not gonna change now.
- 15:00: Drive back towards Lecce.
- 16:00: Visit the Museo Faggiano – a fascinating archaeological site buried beneath a modern building. Discover underground tunnels, which reveal layers of history. It's like Indiana Jones meets the ancient world.
- 17:30: Back to Corte dei Romiti. Pack my bags, knowing I will be leaving the next day.
- 19:00: Wander through the old town. Try to find something to eat. Decide to buy only one more gelato because I am full, but walk into the store… pick up two "just in case."
- 20:00: Dinner at a different restaurant. Order a salumi platter, try to savor every bite. But, I can't help but feel a little bit sad. This trip is coming to an end.
- 22:00: Back at the B&B. Sit in the tiny courtyard, listen to the sounds of the city, and drink some wine. A feeling of profound contentment washes over me. This place, this city, this life, has been magic.
- 23:00: Pack and prepare for leaving. Sad.
Day 4: Arrivederci, Lecce (For Now)
- 08:00: Say a tearful goodbye to Maria, who hugs me again and tells me to come back soon.
- 09:00: Hit the road and head back to the airport.
- 10:00: Check out, return car.
- 12:00: Arrive at the airport and cry.
This itinerary isn't perfect, nor is it super-efficient. But it’s honest. It’s about the food, the people, the unexpected moments, and the raw, undeniable joy of being there. So go to Lecce. Go to Corte Dei Romiti. Get lost, eat gelato, and embrace the mess. You won’t regret it. And if you see Maria, tell her I said hello (and I'll return for her lemonade)!
Escape to Paradise: MG's Place, Cabanatuan's Hidden Gem!Okay, spill it. What's the ACTUAL vibe at Corte Dei Romiti? Is it really "hidden gem" material?
Alright, so "hidden gem"... that's what they *say*, right? And look, it's not a lie. Corte Dei Romiti is seriously tucked away. You're basically in the heart of Lecce, but it feels like you've stumbled into a secret, flowery courtyard where time doesn't exist. Like, picture this: you pull up, and the door’s this ancient, imposing thing. No sign. Just… a door. You're thinking, "Did I get the right place? Am I gonna be mugged by a particularly stylish Salentine bandit?"
Then, *bam!* You step inside, and it's like a different world. Flowers everywhere. Sunlight spilling onto stone walls. The air smells of lemons and, well, *life*. And yeah, it's lovely. But the "hidden" part? It's kinda literal. Finding the place the first time felt like a treasure hunt. We actually got lost! Ended up wandering down these ridiculously narrow, winding streets, muttering Italian phrases we *thought* we knew. It was chaotic and, honestly, hilarious. (Eventually, Google Maps saved us. Thank the internet gods.)
The pictures online are gorgeous. Is it *actually* as beautiful as it looks? Or is it Instagram-filtered perfection?
Okay, so about those pictures… they *are* pretty, I'll give them that. But here's the thing: the pictures don't *quite* capture the… *vibe*. They're lovely, polished, perfect. The real thing? It's got more… *character*. Let's just say the walls aren't pristine. There are little quirks, a bit of wear and tear. Things aren’t always perfectly aligned. You know, the kind of imperfections that make you feel like you're in a real place, not a sterile museum exhibit. My room, for example, had this ridiculously gorgeous antique mirror that was a little warped. Seeing my reflection? A funhouse experience! And it made everything all the more charming, you know? Like the B&B's soul lives on.
And the flowers! The photographs show them overflowing, they don't show you the smell, the way they hum with bees. That smell is almost intoxicating. It's like, "Wake up, live, drink in this moment!" You can't help but smile. And maybe steal a few petals for your hair. (Don’t tell them I said that.)
What's the breakfast situation like? Because breakfast is EVERYTHING, let’s be honest.
Breakfast. The Holy Grail. Okay, listen, breakfast at Corte Dei Romiti is… a *process*. Unlike those hotel buffets with lukewarm eggs and rubbery bacon, this is about enjoying the moment. They bring it to you, and it’s a *feast*. Think fresh pastries - the *pasticciotto* are AMAZING. Fresh fruit, local cheeses, the most incredible coffee. The first morning, I think I ate the entire spread. I was a disgrace. I felt like a Roman emperor.
But it's also… slow. *Very* slow. Which, honestly, is half the charm. They don't rush you. You're meant to sit, savor, and watch the world wake up. I’m a very impatient person. I hate waiting, I love breakfast, but the wait… was worth it. The first day, I was a bit wired. But by day two, I was embracing the languid pace. It's part of the experience. You know? You're there to unwind. Enjoy. And eat way, *way* too much. (Sorry, waistline.)
Okay, spill the tea: What's the staff like? Are they overly formal, or genuinely warm?
The staff? Oh, they're the heart and soul of the place. No pretentious hotel staff, thankfully. This is a family affair, and it shows. They're incredibly warm, genuine, and helpful, but not in that *forced* "welcome to our paradise" kind of way. They're just… nice.
One lady, I think she might have been the owner or a relative, had this infectious laugh and kept calling me "amore." It was like staying at a favorite aunt's house, only a really stylish aunt who knows all the best gelato spots. I totally butchered my Italian, but they never judged me. They'd patiently correct my pronunciation, offer tips on where to go, and make sure I always had enough coffee. Like, I swear, they could tell I was addicted. They're just… lovely people. And that really makes a difference. Makes the whole experience feel… special. It makes you *want* to come back. It's not just about a place to sleep; it's about being welcomed, about feeling cared for. It's why I keep finding myself going back. Don't tell anyone. It's our secret.
Lecce itself… is it really as cool as people say? And is Corte Dei Romiti a good base for exploring it?
Lecce? Cool? Honey, it's *beyond* cool. It's… baroque heaven. Picture this: the most ridiculously ornate buildings, that kind of pale, creamy stone that glows in the sun. Every street corner is Instagram-worthy. It’s seriously overwhelming in the best way. You're walking around, constantly craning your neck, like, "How did they *DO* that?!" It's just… stunning. And the food! Lord, the food! You can't go wrong.
And yes, Corte Dei Romiti is the PERFECT base. It's right in the heart of everything. Honestly, you can walk almost everywhere. Churches, shops, restaurants, that GELATO… All within minutes. Seriously, I got addicted to gelato and had to restrain myself. It's easy to get lost in the maze. I did a LOT of that and I enjoyed it!
Is there anything you *didn't* love? I need the real, unvarnished truth.
Alright, okay. The *not-so-perfect* side. Look, I'm a realist. Nothing's perfect. And yes, there were a few tiny things. The wifi, bless its heart, wasn't always the strongest in my room. And the walls are… thin. You can hear the occasional conversation, a door closing, the joyful singing of birds. (Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic. You'll hear *some* things). Which, honestly, is fine if you're used to a bit of noise. But if you're absolutely dependent on super-fast internet and complete silence… maybe bring earplugs.
And okay, I might have had a *minor* freak-out the first night, convinced there was a tiny, invisible demon inhabiting the room. (Don't judge me! It was late, I was jet-lagged, and I'd had a bit too much wine). That’s probably my fault. No fault of the B&B. It was probably all in my head. But still… that first night was a bit… spooky. But hey, that's also part of the *charm*, isn't it? Adds to the adventure! That makes a fun story to tell.