Indonesian Paradise: OYO 93695's Hidden Gem in Bandar Lampung!
Indonesian Paradise: OYO 93695 – Bandar Lampung's Hidden Gem? (My Honest Rant & Rave!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on OYO 93695, the self-proclaimed "Indonesian Paradise" in Bandar Lampung. Look, I've stayed in some dives, some dazzling palaces, and a whole lot of places in between. This? This was… an experience. And honestly? I'm still trying to figure out if it was a good one.
Let's just say, this review is gonna be less "structured professional analysis" and more "me, rambling after a few too many cups of that questionable hotel coffee." Prepare yourselves.
First Impressions & Accessibility - The Quest for the Holy Grail (of Easy Access)
Getting there was… well, it's Bandar Lampung. The roads are either a dusty hellscape or a bumpy rollercoaster, depending on the day. Finding the place itself wasn't too bad, though. Accessibility wise? Hmm. Wheelchair accessible? Not something I personally needed, but from a quick look, I'd say… proceed with caution. It's Indonesia, you know? Things aren't always built with accessibility in mind. There's a car park [on-site] which is a definite plus, and car park [free of charge] even better. No worries about the Bicycle parking either, if you're into that.
But seriously, the internet…
The only thing I really cared about (besides surviving the traffic) was the Internet. Now, they brag about Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Internet access, Internet [LAN], Internet services. Let's just say, it's Indonesia. The Wi-Fi existed. Sometimes. It was like trying to coax a grumpy cat to play fetch – occasionally successful, mostly frustrating. When it did work, it was fine. But be prepared for potential digital detox. Consider packing a good book, you know?
Rooms - The Intimate Dance with Your Own Thoughts (and maybe a few dust bunnies)
Okay, the rooms. Let's dissect this, room by room. They have Non-smoking rooms, thank goodness. After all, who wants to smell like a stale ashtray? You get Air conditioning, which is a MUST in Lampung's heat. Air conditioning in public area as well, but I didn't spend that much time in them. A Desk, a Coffee/tea maker (blessed be!), a Mini bar… which might have been more exciting if it was stocked beyond a couple of lukewarm Cokes. Daily housekeeping was a lifesaver because, let's be honest, I'm messy. And the Bed was pretty comfortable, which is like winning the lottery in a budget hotel.
The Bathroom was… interesting. Standard Indonesia-style, which means functional rather than fabulous. The Shower worked. The Toiletries were the generic kind, but hey, they did the job. I really loved the Mirror, it was a comfort. They had slippers, it was a nice touch. The Bathrobes were a very nice touch.
One thing that was slightly odd was a Bathroom phone, kind of reminded me of those things in the 90s.
They got a Safe/security feature, a Smoke detector, Smoke alarms. Some of them are essential.
CLEANLINESS AND SAFETY - Is This Place Safe After All?
Alright, this is the REALLY important stuff. Cleanliness and safety. The hotel clearly makes an effort. They state things like Anti-viral cleaning products, Rooms sanitized between stays, Daily disinfection in common areas, and that they have Professional-grade sanitizing services. I saw a lot of evidence of them sanitizing, but the execution wasn't 100% consistent. Let’s just say, it wasn’t pristine, but it wasn’t a biohazard either.
The staff appeared to be following safety protocols – Staff trained in safety protocol – face masks, hand sanitizer everywhere. Hand sanitizer was easily accessible. Good on them. First aid kit seemed to be available. I'm not sure about the Doctor/nurse on call, hopefully I wouldn't need either!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Fueling the Adventure (or just surviving)
Okay, the food. The Restaurants are… well, they are functional. They definitely provide Asian cuisine in restaurant. I had breakfast there a few times. The Breakfast [buffet] was included, which is always a win. It was a pretty basic Asian breakfast, nothing fancy, but filling. There was also Coffee/tea in restaurant. However, be prepared for a slightly… limited culinary experience. If you're expecting Michelin stars, you're in the wrong place. There’s Room service [24-hour] available, which is useful if you get a late-night craving. They had a Snack bar which was a godsend at those weird hours. I was pretty happy about the Bottle of water.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax - If You Can Actually Relax…
Now, this is where things get a little… quirky. The website touts a Spa/sauna, a Pool with view, a Swimming pool [outdoor]. Fine, let’s break this down. The Swimming pool was nice. It was clean, and refreshing. Okay, it's not the Four Seasons, but it was a welcome escape from the Lampung heat! The Sauna? I didn't try it. The Spa/sauna was closed I heard.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter (or Don't)
The Concierge was helpful, the front desk, too. The Laundry service was super handy. There was a Convenience store down the street, and a Cash withdrawal machine nearby. They have some Meetings, Meeting stationery options too. This may bring you great pleasure! Sometimes I forget how to live. Also, for the kids, there is Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids meal.
For the Kids: A Quick Detour
As mentioned, Family/child friendly so if you're travelling with littles, you might be okay. They offer Babysitting service which sounds like a plus.
The Emotional Rollercoaster - My Verdict
Look, Indonesian Paradise: OYO 93695 isn't perfect, far from it. It has its flaws, its quirks, and its moments of… questionable charm. But it's affordable and provides all the essentials.
So, would I go back?
Maybe. For the price, it's decent. Just go with realistic expectations. If you’re looking for a glamorous getaway? This ain’t it. But if you're a budget-conscious traveler, a backpacker, or someone who appreciates a genuine Indonesian experience (warts and all), then give it a try.
My Offer - The "Embrace the Chaos" Deal!
Book your stay at Indonesian Paradise: OYO 93695 in Bandar Lampung and get:
- A discount on your first night: Use code "PARADISECHAOS" at checkout.
- Complimentary breakfast: Because, you know, gotta fuel up for the adventure.
- A free bottle of water: Because hydration is key when you're navigating the ups and downs of Indonesian travel.
- Guaranteed authentic Indonesian experience: Because sometimes the imperfections are the best part.
Don't expect paradise. Expect an adventure. And hey, at least the air conditioning works. Book now!
Tbilisi's Hidden Gem: Your Dreamy Cozy Studio Awaits!Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're going full-blown chaos-tourism in Bandar Lampung, Indonesia, and it's all kicking off at OYO 93695 Guest House Riharti Syariah. Expect less "perfectly curated Instagram feed" and more "slightly-panicked-but-thoroughly-entertained-observer-of-life."
Bandar Lampung Blitzkrieg: A Totally Unofficial Itinerary (for the Easily Distracted)
Day 1: Arrival and Oh-Wow-This-Is-Happening-Now-Land
- 14:00: Touchdown at Radin Inten II International Airport (TKG). The air hits you like a warm, humid hug. Or maybe it's just the jet lag. Either way, Jakarta's in the rearview, baby!
- 14:30 - 15:30: Taxi-hailing Debacle. Finding transport is always an adventure. Negotiating a fair price felt like a negotiation with a very persistent sloth. Eventually, we settle on something that felt "mostly okay." The driver, bless his soul, kept trying to talk about Indonesian football, which I know absolutely NOTHING about. This is the first sign of what I call "Culture Shock: Friendly Edition."
- 16:00: Arrival at OYO 93695 Guest House Riharti Syariah. Okay, it's…cozy. More like, REALLY cozy. Picture this: a simple room, a somewhat lumpy bed, and a very enthusiastic mosquito. But hey, it's clean-ish, and the air conditioning mostly works. Plus, they promised free Wi-Fi! (fingers crossed).
- 16:30 - 17:30: Unpack, shower (probably a good idea after the taxi), and attempt to conquer the Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi is now the bane of my existence.
- 17:30 - 18:00: First Impressions of the Guest House: The lobby is a little barebones. A few mismatched chairs, a potted plant that might be real, and a faint smell of…something. Coconut? Incense? Mystery. I'm already making notes for the "Things I Love/Am Slightly Concerned About" journal I keep.
- 18:00 - 20:30: Street food adventure! This is where things get REAL. Wandering the streets looking for dinner. The sheer variety of smells, sights, and sounds is overwhelming in the best way. I stumbled upon a warung (small local eatery) selling something called "Mie Goreng" that was pure, unadulterated heaven! The noodles were perfectly seasoned. The woman running the stall, with a huge smile, seemed genuinely thrilled to have me. I learned that my Indonesian (which is limited to "terima kasih" thank you) is absolutely abysmal. Still, food is the universal language!
- 21:00 - Bedtime: Back at the guesthouse. Feeling the food coma. Fighting off the mosquito who’s decided I am his personal buffet. Trying (and failing) to watch a downloaded movie because the Wi-Fi has decided that it is NOT today.
Day 2: Waterfalls and the Great Google Maps Struggle
- 08:00: Wake up feeling slightly less like a zombie than yesterday. Breakfast (included? Hopefully.) is a mystery that awaits.
- 08:30 - 09:30: Attempt at breakfast. "Attempt" because it's not entirely clear what this plate of things is. Some kind of rice? A fried egg that's seen better days? And a suspicious-looking fruit. I eat everything. Gotta be brave, gotta embrace the experience.
- 10:00: Waterfall quest! Today's goal: Way Kambas National Park. Sounds fantastic in theory.
- 10:30 - 12:00: The Great Motorbike Rental Adventure. Finding a motorbike is easy. Negotiating the price whilst miming "I need a helmet" and "I don't want to die" is much harder. Finally, secured a rusty steed and a dodgy helmet that might offer some protection.
- 12:30 – 14:00: This is where things get messy. Google Maps, my supposed friend, betrays me. Roads disappear. Turns that aren't turns. Hours spent sweating, lost in the jungle, dodging giant potholes the size of small craters. I begin to question all my life choices. Including the decision to rent a motorbike.
- 14:00: Finally, the waterfall! The waterfall, thank god, is real. The air is cool, the water is refreshing, and it's worth all of the previous hours of frustration. I spend a solid hour just staring and listening to the sound of the water. There is some peace in this place.
- 16:00: The Drive Back. The sun is setting. Somehow made it back alive, albeit with very sore bones, a seriously bruised ego, and a newfound respect for Indonesian road signs.
- 17:00: Dinner: Maybe the same warung as last night? I learned how to say “less spicy” so hopefully, my mouth won’t explode.
- 19:00 - Bedtime: Staring at the ceiling. Wondering if my adventurous side has pushed me to the brink. Planning tomorrow's adventures (and attempting to learn the Indonesian word for "no motorbike").
Day 3: The Local Experience: A Deep Dive (Kinda)
- 09:00: Wake up. Still alive. Shocking.
- 09:30 - 10:30: Breakfast repeat. Same suspicious fruit. Same dubious fried egg. I'm starting to develop a strange affection for this imperfect meal.
- 10:30 - 12:00: Local Market Visit. Today I'm embracing the chaos fully. Explore a local market. The sheer vibrancy of the market, the colors, the smells, the chattering of vendors – it's sensory overload in the best possible way. I try some fruit. The texture is… interesting. The vendors try to teach me a few words, which I promptly forget. I buy a slightly suspect-looking snack.
- 12:00 - 13:30: Trying to find coffee. Finding good coffee in Bandar Lampung is a challenge. After 2 attempts, I find a café serving something called "Kopi Susu". It is divine.
- 14:00 - 15:00: Relax in the room. Finally, the Wi-Fi behaves.
- 16:00: Street food again. Can’t get enough. This time I go for something I don’t recognize at all. The vendor is confused by my eagerness. I eat anyway.
- 17:00 - 18:30: Final pack.
- 19:00: Last night at OYO 93695 Guest House Riharti Syariah. Embrace all the weird, the wonderful, and everything in between.
- 20:00 - Bedtime: Write a journal entry. Reflect on the adventure. Fall asleep with the mosquito as my lullaby.
Day 4: Goodbye Bandar Lampung! (For Now)
- 07:00: Last breakfast. Embrace the suspense.
- 08:00: Return the motorbike. Hopefully, they won't notice the scratches.
- 09:00: Check out. Thank the staff for their kindness.
- 09:30 - 11:00: Taxi back to Radin Inten II Airport. Goodbye to OYO 93695 Guest House Riharti Syariah! It wasn't perfect, it wasn't always easy, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything.
- 11:00: Board the plane, take off, and begin planning the next Indonesian adventure.
Important Notes (Because Life Isn't Perfect):
- Pacing: This schedule is merely a suggestion. Embrace flexibility. Get lost. Get sidetracked. That's where the real adventure lies.
- Food: Be adventurous with food, but also listen to your stomach. Pack some basic medications, just in case.
- Transport: Motorbike riding is challenging. Be careful. Really careful. Consider alternatives.
- Wi-Fi: Don't rely on it. Seriously. Embrace the disconnect. Read a book (gasp!).
- Embrace the Imperfect: Things won't always go to plan. That's okay. Laugh at the mishaps. Learn from the mistakes. And enjoy the ride!
This itinerary is a living document, subject to change based on whims, local recommendations, and the availability of Wi-Fi. Enjoy your own adventure, and remember to tell the stories later.
Unbelievable MUJI-Style 2BR Oasis in Johor Bahru! Sleeps 6!