Unbelievable! Vine Residences' Hidden Gem Near SM Novaliches - MetroStay.Ph Reveals All!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the swirling, shimmering, and occasionally slightly soggy world of Unbelievable! Vine Residences' Hidden Gem Near SM Novaliches – MetroStay.Ph's take on it. I’m calling dibs on the messy review, the one that's gonna tell you the real deal, warts and all, okay? Don't expect perfectly polished paragraphs, expect the ramblings of a slightly caffeinated traveler who just lived this experience.
First Impressions (Smells and All) Okay, so "Hidden Gem" is a bold claim, right? And Vine Residences? Yeah, it's near SM Novaliches. I mean, you’re walking distance, but let's just say my pre-morning coffee calculations were off, and I ended up sweating bullets (more on that later) before I got there. But the vibe? Okay, the lobby was… well, it was there. Clean, I'll give it that. And they had a nice, subtle scent going on, which is always a plus in my book. No hideous air freshener explosions, which is a huge win. Especially when you’re comparing it to some other hotels I've stayed at.
Accessibility: The Good, the Okay, and the "Hmm…" Alright, accessibility is a big one for me. I'm not a wheelchair user, but I still appreciate a thoughtful approach.
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes, elevators. Score! Common areas seemed pretty navigable.
- Facilities for Disabled Guests: They say they have this, but I didn't dig deep enough to see exactly what those facilities are. That's a slight mark down. More detail needed, MetroStay.Ph!
- Getting Around: Car park [free of charge], Taxi service, and Valet parking all in the mix. That's solid. The free parking thing is a huge plus in Manila, trust me.
Room Revelations (Where I Spent Most of My Time… Or Almost) Okay, let's talk room. I snagged a "Non-smoking" room. Praise be.
- Available In All Rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes (yes!), Bathroom phone (why?), Bathtub, Blackout curtains (bliss!), Carpeting (yay!), Closet, Coffee/tea maker (essential), Complimentary tea (double yay), Daily housekeeping (more on them later), Desk, Extra long bed (nice!), Free bottled water (always!), Hair dryer, High floor (mine was!), In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar (didn't touch), Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator (always!), Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing (needed it, trust me), Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
- I'm putting this all here, just so you see how much stuff they crammed in. It felt a bit… much. But hey, at least it's there.
- The Bed: Ah, the bed. It was… good. The extra-long thing was a definite plus. The pillows? Perfectly fluffy. I slept like a log. A very satisfied log.
- The Blackout Curtains: Pure. Freaking. Genius. I needed those. Manila sun is no joke.
- The Internet: Wi-Fi? FREE? In the room? Yes, yes, and yes! It was actually pretty decent. I was able to, you know, work, which is always a relief.
- The View: Let’s be real: it’s Novaliches. There’s no Eiffel Tower. The view was… buildings. But from my high floor, I was able to avoid the worst of the noise. Win!
Cleanliness and Safety (The COVID Reality Check) This is the tough one, right?
- Anti-viral cleaning products: They claim to use them. I hope so.
- Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays: That’s what you want to hear!
- Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol: Good. Needed. Expected.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: Nice option. My OCD kicked in and I didn't even think of it.
- Individually-wrapped food options: A MUST these days.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They tried. It's tricky with the elevators.
- The hallways? Clean. The room? Seemed clean. But I’m still that guy who wipes down every surface like a madman with my own wipes. You’ve been warned.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Fuel for the Soul… and the Stomach) Okay, so I spent a lot of time here.
- Restaurants: Yes, multiple.
- Coffee shop: Also yes.
- Poolside bar: I'm a sucker for a poolside bar. And the pool looked… inviting.
- Breakfast [buffet]: THIS. Was. The. Experience.
- My Breakfast Buffet Saga:
- Walked in. Blinky-eyed.
- The buffet was… extensive. Pancakes? Check. Bacon? Check. Eggs? A whole flipping station! I seriously considered ordering one of everything just to be certain.
- I decided to try the Asian breakfast offerings. I got a weird fried rice, and a savory porridge thingy, and a questionable sausage. I loved it. Imperfect food is the best. The sausage? I think it was a reject from a hot dog factory.
- I tried the international options. The bacon was great. Pancakes? Awesome. Fresh fruit? Beautiful.
- I sat there, gorging myself, and people-watching.
- My verdict on the buffet? Honestly, it was fantastic. The variety was insane. I’d go back just for the breakfast. Seriously. It's a must-do experience in itself. That's what I focused on.
- Room service [24-hour]: Nice! Though I didn't use it. I was too stuffed.
- Snack bar: I think I saw one.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Yes, and it was decent.
- Bottle of water: Free in the room, as it should be.
Ways to Relax (Or Not… Depending on Your Mood) Okay this is interesting.
- Swimming pool, Pool with view, Poolside bar: I. Did. Not. Use. The. Pool. But it looked good! And the view was… well… it was there!
- Fitness center: Yup.
- Gym/fitness: Same thing, different name.
- Spa/sauna: Yes
- Body wrap, Body scrub, Foot bath, Massage: Again, a whole host of relaxing things I, sadly, didn't have time to try.
- My brain was telling me, "Sleep," but my stomach was saying, "EAT MORE PANCAKES!"
Services and Conveniences (The Practical Bits)
- Air conditioning in public area: Yes. Thank GOD. Manila heat. Ugh.
- Cash withdrawal, Concierge: Standard.
- Convenience store: Always a plus! Because you always forget something.
- Daily housekeeping: I actually had a nice chat with the housekeeping staff. They seemed friendly. And they did a thorough job of cleaning. My room was spotless after they were done, and I left them a sweet tip.
- Laundry service: Very convenient.
- Meeting/banquet facilities: For those business people!
- Safety deposit boxes: Of course.
- Gift/souvenir shop: I didn't notice one.
- Elevator: YES!
- Luggage storage, Front desk [24-hour]: Yep. All the usual.
For the Kids (Because Life)
- Family/child friendly: Yes.
- Babysitting service, Kids meal, Kids facilities: I did not see these, or need to investigate.
- Family/child friendly: Yes.
Getting Around (The Great Escape)
- Airport transfer: They offer it.
- Car park [free of charge]: HUGE plus!
- Taxi service: Available.
- Bicycle parking: I didn't notice but I wasn't looking.
The Quirks… and the Imperfections (Because No Place is Perfect) My biggest "issue"? The signage. It’s a bit… confusing when you first arrive. And the location, again, it's close to SM Novaliches. But not right there. Be prepared for some walking, depending on your specific needs! One thing, it *felt
Dubai's ICONIC Khalifa View Studio: Silkhaus Luxury Awaits!Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to MetroStay.Ph’s VINE RESIDENCES behind SM Novaliches in Manila, and trust me, it's gonna be… an experience. This is less a polished travel guide and more a panicked journal entry fueled by caffeine and the desperate hope of remembering where my socks are.
MetroStay Manila Madness: A Gloriously Messy Itinerary
(NOTE: This whole thing is probably subject to change. I'm basically winging it. Also, I'm REALLY bad at mornings.)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Luggage Debacle (aka, My First Manila Meltdown)
- 8:00 AM – Theoretically, Wake Up: HA! Yeah, right. More like, “Wake up, check phone, groan, consider ordering everything on GrabFood directly to the bedside.” The sheer effort of existing is exhausting. Eventually, I'll drag myself out of bed.
- 9:00 AM – Airport Chaos (NAIA Terminal 3): Arrive at NAIA. Pray to the gods of air travel the luggage shows up. Seriously, dealing with luggage is my personal circle of hell. Remember that time in… uh… insert a vague travel memory where luggage disappeared and I almost lost it. Yeah. That. Anyway, grab a coffee - need that lifeblood!
- 10:30 AM – Grab to Vine Residences: Finally, a slightly less stressful mode of transport! I'm hoping the Grab driver isn't playing death metal at full volume this time. (Seriously, happened once. Traumatic.)
- 11:30 AM – Check-in & Apartment Assessment at Vine Residences: Okay, time to face the music. The pictures online looked amazing, clean, modern… hopefully, reality matches up. Fingers crossed the aircon actually WORKS. My tolerance for heat is nonexistent – I'm basically a Victorian lady fainting at the slightest discomfort.
- Anecdote Alert: Remember that time I booked a "luxury" apartment in [insert unspeakable location]? Turns out, 'luxury' meant 'slightly less moldy than a public bathroom'. Let's hope this is different…
- 12:30 PM – Grocery Run: SM Nova is right there, thank goodness. I’ll need to stock up on essentials: instant coffee (duh), snacks (duh!), and maybe some bottled water that isn’t from a suspiciously-looking plastic gallon jug.
- 1:30 PM – Lunch & Apartment Settling In: Find a quiet corner of the apartment, preferably with good Wi-Fi. Order something from GrabFood. Maybe some sisig? Or perhaps I'll try that new halo-halo place I saw mentioned in some blog.
- 3:00 PM – Poolside Ambivalence: Vine Residences has a pool, which is great. The idea of lounging by the water is… appealing. However, my aversion to direct sunlight is a constant battle. I might end up reading in the shade, judging everyone else.
- 5:00 PM – Trying to Beat the Traffic: Venture out – maybe a little early to avoid the worst of the Manila traffic. I'm thinking a quick pre-dinner stroll, or maybe a visit to a nearby mall because… well, Manila malls are a unique experience, aren't they?
- 7:00 PM – Dinner: Food Court Adventures or Something Else? Do I brave the mall's food court madness? Or do I take the plunge and try a local eatery? Decisions, decisions. Depends on my courage level, which is perpetually low after a day of travel.
- 8:30 PM – The Evening Scroll & Bedtime: Back at the apartment. Catch up on emails. Surf the web. Then, sleep. Pray for sleep.
Day 2: Exploring (ish) and Trying Not to Get Lost.
- 9:00 AM – Waking up like a proper human: Breakfast! Hopefully, I’ll make some coffee this time. Review yesterday's plans. I’m already behind on the itinerary.
- 10:00 AM – SM Novaliches: A revisit to the mall, specifically. It's right there. Maybe I'll actually buy something this time. I'm not really a "shopper," but malls in Manila are a whole vibe. I love the chaos.
- 12:00 PM – Finding the Right Lunch: Try a new restaurant. Or try the same one, because the same one felt nice.
- 2:00 PM – Getting Cultural (Sort Of): Think about visiting the local church, San Bartolome de Novaliches. Or maybe just do some laundry.
- 4:00 PM – Chill Time & Reflection: Back to the apartment. Writing travel journal. Thinking about how I haven't done half the things I planned to do.
- 6:00 PM – Dinner & Evening Relaxation: GrabFood? Maybe! Or perhaps another exploration? I think I'm still tired, so I'm not sure I want to put myself out there.
- 8:00 PM – Prepare for Day 3: The reality of traveling sets in. The work is a lot, and I'm very tired.
- 9:00 PM – Bedtime: Sleep. That's the plan.
Day 3: Departure Day (Yay!)
- 9:00 AM - Pack & Final Farewells to the Apartment: Time to get everything packed again.
- 10:00 AM - Breakfast & Last Minute Check: Final check. Did I pay all the bills? Did I leave enough tips? Did I remember to delete my search history?
- 11:00 AM Check Out Good Riddance.
- 12:00 PM - Airport. The end.
(DISCLAIMER: This itinerary is a suggestion and should not be treated as more than that. My ability to stick to a schedule is tenuous at best. Expect rerouting, excessive snacking, and a general air of delightful disarray. Also, avoid making plans with me. I'm notoriously unreliable.)
(And yes, I'm probably going to need a vacation after this trip.)
Bohol's BEST-KEPT Secret: This Barn Resort Will BLOW You Away!